Wtf !

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motoliner

Motoliner should be able to fix that without issue. The service they provide is very good and pretty quick.

Re: Motoliner

Motoliner should be able to fix that without issue. The service they provide is very good and pretty quick.
Quite impressed with their comms, replied instantly to two emails...

As it's a forged rim they will cold form/shape it...no heat used which I'm glad about...

I'll send the rim tomorrow....certainly look as though they know their stuff...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Re: Motoliner

Quite impressed with their comms, replied instantly to two emails...

As it's a forged rim they will cold form/shape it...no heat used which I'm glad about...

I'll send the rim tomorrow....certainly look as though they know their stuff...

good news :)

Thats sad to see. And a reflection on the state of UK roads atm. Lucky the tire didn't deflate at least.
Anyone got any experience on how a carbon fiber wheel would have fared in the same situation? (asking for a friend)

Thats sad to see. And a reflection on the state of UK roads atm. Lucky the tire didn't deflate at least.
Anyone got any experience on how a carbon fiber wheel would have fared in the same situation? (asking for a friend)
Put more force through suspension/you...they wouldn't deflect.

- Alex

Here's the BMW Carbon wheels being tested to destruction.... not repairable like an alloy wheel, but still impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrOxnQVvEE

I got my front wheel fixed by motoliner earlier in the year - nowhere near as bad as yours, Stu. They did a great job. They did tell me they weren't a paint shop several times.. assume they said same to you. As my wheels are std black they were able to paint/touch up the repair and it looks fine. Hope it goes well for you...

I got my front wheel fixed by motoliner earlier in the year - nowhere near as bad as yours, Stu. They did a great job. They did tell me they weren't a paint shop several times.. assume they said same to you. As my wheels are std black they were able to paint/touch up the repair and it looks fine. Hope it goes well for you...
Kind of hoping it's straightforward... the bead seat has a somewhat minor deflection, the outer rim lip has taken the brunt of the impact....no direct impact with the road, so the rim is actually unmarked....I'd be surprised if they struggled to true it... [emoji849]...don't fancy slapping 1100 quid on a card lol.

Last edited:
Not good news lads... wheel is knackered, been on the phone to Motoliner a few times today and it's a no goer... despite their careful attention the wheel is beyond repair as it has now developed a fracture when they were attempting to true it..

Need to start calling round now !.. I want a like for like as it's in keeping with the original look.

Ahh that is shite.

You should prize Baz's BST's off him before he makes them fit a '19 ;)
Paint them up and have carbon hp4 wheels :-D

See what deal Tim @ Lind can do on oem.

- Alex

Ahh that is shite.

You should prize Baz's BST's off him before he makes them fit a '19 ;)
Paint them up and have carbon hp4 wheels :-D

See what deal Tim @ Lind can do on oem.

- Alex

I PM'd Tim... dealers are 1k give or take a tenner.. I'll look at all options.. bikes going to be off the road for 2 weeks nightmare man !

Got a good price from Tim inc disc bolts... final look online tonight and Ill order from him if no s/h available.. want to keep her standard...

So blow 1k on your bike so that it goes the same, looks the same, performs the same... lol. At least it stayed together the 70 odd miles back from Oban... I had broken in my new back tyre by then and wasn't hanging about .. luckeeee !
91291b17f61a949abb8092d3882f43c7.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back