Winter Toy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennybush

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
As that the bikes tucked away for the winter, decided to get a 4 wheeled toy. Hopefully have it on the road for next winter
fb727f63d1982f74fb673f53b6a083fb.jpg
cc2e11d2308827f3b6d267425e6f6a67.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Nice, you'll have to keep us updated with pics and the highs and lows of the rebuild

Very nice, done a bit of courting in a 2.8i when I was young ane. Still remember the sound of the spring when pressing the clutch pedal, beautiful.

Like MacRR says we've got to see the pics of the rebuild Kenny.

JimmyMac

Very nice, done a bit of courting in a 2.8i when I was young ane. Still remember the sound of the spring when pressing the clutch pedal, beautiful.

Like MacRR says we've got to see the pics of the rebuild Kenny.

JimmyMac

Hi Jimmy, I thought you were going to say something else about courting and the sound of the springs:excitement:

Think I'll put it black. It comes with a bog standard 2 litre pinto, but not sure if I'll put that in it. Might get a big American V8, or go with a modern boring zetec. See how the bodywork turns out before making my mind up
You've a wide choice of engines to fit the Capri.. V6/8 sounds the most interesting.. like the rest of the lads be good to see the stages..

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Lol brilliant RR if I remember its extra HD leaf springs on the arse of a Capri..
Jimmy might have wrecked them lolol
Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Those 2.8I Capris were cool cars back in the day. I remember watching the Professionals - some good Capri action no there :)

No plans for a roll bar in it, yet. Got a long way to go before deciding these things. Can't even decide on an engine the now, looking at 3 liter jag engines, as they are ford durance, and even looking at small block chevy motors.

Need to get the garage insulated and wired so I can get a start on it, and see from there if it worth the work of making it into somthing stupid fast!

Looking forward to some rwd action round the back streets with it. But will more than likely end up wrapped round a lamppost!!!

Couple of guys down our way opened up a cooperage circa 1984 and made instant big money, they ordered a brace of his and his Brooklands Capris... dark mettalic green, Recarros with the net headrests, 225 tyres... I never had two bob and had to make do with a rebuilt CG125 to run about on.. I walked about telling mysef "your the richer man" due to my deft spanner techniques... yea rite ! These two fuckers had it all ! Seeth seeth [emoji31] [emoji31] [emoji31]

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Back