Winter Build...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So after 220+ hours over winter I've finally finished my bike. Bear in mind it was already a great spec.

Every nut and bolt except fairing fasteners are Titanium and even those fairing fasteners are polished.

And before you ask, I will be riding the crap out of it till I'm too old to.

JIMG_0328.jpgIMG_0329.jpgIMG_0330.jpgIMG_0331.jpgIMG_0332.jpg

Plus the most important bit.... 20mm Gel in the seat. Easiest seat I've ever done. The Std M seat is a very flat base to start with. :encouragement:

Does the Venhill drybreak on the rear come with the L74 kit or is that your own work to extend the OEM line and fit the underslung?

Does the Venhill drybreak on the rear come with the L74 kit or is that your own work to extend the OEM line and fit the underslung?

I just swapped it from my Gen 3. On the Gen 3, I had std wheels, so std calliper and forged and I love using the back brake so had the underslung GP calliper on that. Straight swap except to ABS Banjo which was easy to sort. I did have a quick change system open that. I'll see if I can make that fit next winter.

I wish BMW did proper metal coatings but they don't, so I'll swap out the front brake lines with Venhill and dry breaks next winter. Dry breaks make servicing your callipers so much easier which means you do it more often plus wheel changes, forks off etc.

I keep my bikes so it's worthwhile. My TL1000R (my favourite bike) is at over 125,000 miles, my Ducati 58,000 miles and I'm sure I'll get this S1000RR up to 100,000+ before I have to slow down.

I always make my bikes as comfortable as possible as it makes riding so much easier, track or road. Gilles raised handlebars help and moving the BMW M rear sets fully back doesn't make much difference to how the riding position feels but because you have to extend the toe peg adjuster to fully out, it gives you an inch or so extra leverage so gear changes are so much slicker.

If you haven't used Venhill Powerhouse plus before, the ends are easily changed to fit most bikes. I used to live near them and they are a good bunch.

All very nice there, Jamie Macallum has single handedly caused a worldwide shortage of Carbon !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back