which sat nav?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixer Rob

Reaction score
planning a trip to scotland May time next year,with my dad on the bikes (he's got a few bikes but mainly rides his 05 600 fazer and 72 Norton Commando on the road)but his presently looking at a 12 plate F800 STto do some touring on,not bad for 72 yrs old!!

want to avoid motorways as much as possible so im looking at getting a sat nav,,,whats anyone use and what experiences has anyone had of bike specific sat navs??

cheers Rob

cheers Godzilla,reading good reports about zumo 550,lot of lads on gixerjunkies seem to choose them.....also looking at what tomtom have to offer.....

If you want to save money I use my iphone 4 and one of those armbands that hold it, has a clear screen in it so keeps it waterproof. wrap the velcro around the yokes.

tested mine at silly speeds.

gona be heading up to Loch lomond but want to stay off motorways and id like to be able to plan nice scenic route....you know how crap im am at directions Glyn...dont mind stumping up money for dedicated bike sat nav.....

I have the zumo 660, 3years old now and still works a treat in all weathers.
I rode to Germany this summer, and used the windscreen suction mount on the top of my tank without any issue ( even at autobahn speeds)
The latest version comes with lifetime map updates too

Easy to use with gloves on, Bluetooth and mp3 player built in.

I would say Garmin too
Was up there a few weeks ago with the mrs and the weather was ace
be sure to ride the dukes pass to aberfoyle...its breath taking

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

cheers fellas........think I maybe onto a 2nd hand Garmin 550 a mate has,,hardly used it and doesnt think he will be touring much in near future....
TomTom looks OK too and in the pro package I think you get the headset included....

Latest posts

Back