Which Oversuit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Doing this track thing next weekend.. think ill pick up an oversuit.. J and S are open today.. theres suits from 20 quid upwards. I rarely if ever ride in the rain, so just need it as rain looks likely, they have an Oxford Rainseal for 40 sheets .. anyone got one of these.. dont really want to spend anymore than that as its a one off use. PS what does anyone use on/in their boots to keep dry.

Cheers

stuarts phone

I'm not a fan of Oxford products but their rainseal won ride best buy recently
I've just purchased a dainese city bikers set which so far is excellent in the monsoon like conditions of late in
JUNE / JULY
bit pricey though

RST one piece waterproof, ?49.99 from Sportsbikeshop and I guess various other places. Its not entirely waterproof as mine started to let in water through the crotch after 2 hours torrential motorway rain but for the money its easy to get on and off and does a reasonable job. As for boots, plastic bags unless you have decent goretex. Stu, if its lashing down on track don't risk ditch dredging again ,there's no point, sit it out and pray for sun!

Last edited:
Go to an outdoor shop and get waterproof leggings and jacket , I've got Regatta leggings and a soft shell jacket. Wear the jacket up and the leggings fit into a bum bag / rucksack or even down your juke.

I've got a richa 2 piece suit that I'll need to try on to make sure it goes over the race hump first.
Looking at the weather I hope it's not a wash out. Might be better with this Stu.

Dainese Rain Body Racing D1

They are designed to fit very tightly over 1pc race leathers and are for track use only. I certainly wouldn't want to use one on the road but if your purchasing it for trackday use and for no other reason then it's a worthwhile investment. I believe both Alpinestars and RST make similar products but I opted for the Dainese version as I am currently using one of their D-Air race suits.

DSC_8736_zpsn6iwn90i.jpg

Omfg Ive just bought one.
Its a XXL they fit SO tight... we gave up trying to get it on in the shop with my leather jacket on... Ryan how the hell do you get it on rhere must be an easier way...the sift plastic grips the leather spill my man !

stuarts phone

RST one piece waterproof, ?49.99 from Sportsbikeshop and I guess various other places. Its not entirely waterproof as mine started to let in water through the crotch after 2 hours torrential motorway rain but for the money its easy to get on and off and does a reasonable job. As for boots, plastic bags unless you have decent goretex. Stu, if its lashing down on track don't risk ditch dredging again ,there's no point, sit it out and pray for sun!
Good advice Mac...the rain does nothing for me, I dont mind a wee bit..or some smirr but as long as it goes off...Loupes freaking a bit as hes got SCs on and everyone knows the story with them in the wet.. so hope its dry..

stuarts phone

Last edited:

The easiest way to put it on is to fit it to your race suit when you are not wearing it. Trying to put it on when you are wearing your 1pc, or when your leathers are wet, is pretty much impossible and you will likely stretch or tear a seam.

Here this thing is a nightmare to get on... fits like a finger up a botty tho... the crotch bits a bit TIGHT lol...

Check the wee g string bit at the back...ffs .. it better ******* rain now !
stuarts phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1467575155045.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467575155045.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467575166672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467575166672.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467575171586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467575171586.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

I take mine to every trackday I go to but fortunately I haven't had to use it since last November. Like any bit of race kit from Dainese it's excellent.

What a mission to get it on...dunno how those images rotated...great fit and good shout Ryan, it's so small made, thats a double XL.. I couldn't get an Large fitted with my T shirt on, I just made it with an XL and a T Shirt, so double XL is perfect fit.

I was in J and S in Hamilton, they had a Jonny Jacket...no kidding, I thought nah feck that...running about with jonny jacket stamped on the front, I'd rather just look like a big jonny without the label.... let the jokes flow !

Latest posts

Back