Which options on a new 2015 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherlock

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm getting closer to placing my order on a new RR and considering which options and would welcome your thoughts, especially on the exhaust? Im thinking of:

1- New tail tidy
2- Paddock stand bobbins
3- Crash bung protectors (white or black?)
4- New end can or complete system (HP spec with DB killer?)
5- Motorsport colours
6- DDC and sport package
7- Cruise control - No?

Thoughts guys please?

they look really good. I assume these were bought aftermarket? The tail tidy looks great as I have the similar one for my current blade. Were they a litre cheaper than BMW parts?

do you have a photo of the rear tail tidy straight on please? Keen to see the light set up - blank the reg number ideally

Hi guys

I'm getting closer to placing my order on a new RR and considering which options and would welcome your thoughts, especially on the exhaust? Im thinking of:

1- New tail tidy
2- Paddock stand bobbins
5- Motorsport colours
6- DDC and sport package
7- Cruise control - No?

Thoughts guys please?

All of the above, although I've left my crash bobbins off because I didn't like the look, I've got an Evotech tail tidy on mine and I would also recommend their radiator/oil cooler protector, it does what it says on the tin and makes that bit of the bike a lot easier to clean. A couple of pics:

Oh and YES for cruise control, great for giving your wrist a break on the motorway and for relaxing through average speed cameras

Last edited:
I think price for the lightech kit is about the same as HP parts.
i went for the HP engine case protectors too
1E7005140_zpszr4tef5w.png.html]
1DF70658-5F4B-41C6-A8AC-E051E7005140_zpszr4tef5w.png
[/URL]

Because, in my opinion, its just about the most expensive option, doesn't look anything special and sounds little different from standard. The only real reason to change the std can is that it looks terrible, so I went for something that looks the part.

I don't like the look of the BMW one tbh and want the AR can. Every time I go to buy it I end up spending the cash on something else...

Last edited:
HP Forged Wheels

If you do a lot of trackdays then probably the best factory fitted option you can choose is the HP Forged Wheels. Compared to purchasing aftermarket lightweight wheels they represent extremely good value for money.

I've got Evotech rad and oil cooler guards , R&G white crash bungs and bobbins and black fork cotton reels and a motografix tank pad on my Motorsport. I also had venture shield fitted prior to delivery and I've now had right angle valves fitted when my bridgestone rear got punctured and now replaced with Diablo corsas. Cruise control is worth having as is the heated grips both of which I used today.

Cruise control is complete nut's mate. It's a must....

Hi guys

1- New tail tidy
2- Paddock stand bobbins
5- Motorsport colours
6- DDC and sport package
7- Cruise control - No?

Thoughts guys please?

My 2p as an observer of the latest version, and what I would do:

If you have unlimited funds I'd go for the full akra system.
Colour - not MS - nearly every one I have seen is, beg to be different and spend the saving on carbon bits/custom job.
Yes to everything else.
+ Forged wheels

:)

Out of interest does anyone have the full akro system rather than just the end can. If so how is it in terms of performance and sound?

Back