Which exhaust - AR GP ultimate or Arrow works titanium cap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought the AR slip on exhaust and fitted it at the weekend, 5 minute job :)

DSC_6566%20Large_zpsh2qojpyb.jpg

DSC_6568%20Large_zpsovqkzte9.jpg

Looks spot on it is definitely on my shopping list, did you buy it through there website or on eBay ?

I thought that they aren't supposed to be that much louder than stock?

I thought that they aren't supposed to be that much louder than stock?

With the baffle in no they're not certainly at low revs, the only issue with the police is that my GP1 at least isn't BS stamped which makes they illegal in the eyes of the POice

There is very little difference in sound as its only a slip on and doesn't decat the bike, definitely nothing to worry about in terms of it being too loud over standard as there is very little if any difference in sound over standard.

Remember this is AR's slip on and not full system, mine is the GP Ultimate 110mm Carbon.

Cheers
Clarke.

Thanks guys is it stamped road legal so no hassle come MOT time?

Cheers
Dave

No mine doesn't, but check with your MOT tester, it may not be an issue, although sticking the std can back on will only take a few minutes. I had an RC8 with a full race akra pass its MOT with a bit of tape over the 'not for road use' stamp as I was told that they're not checking for noise and if it doesn't say its illegal then no questions asked.

Last edited:
I don't think that noise is a MOT failure- don't think its part of test , no reference to DB limits as far as I am aware and all the years I've been having various bikes mot tested have never mentioned noise and my Superduke with Akraprovic exhausts (without baffles) is well loud and its OK!

so what do they check on mot's with regards to exhaust? I always thought if you run a full system it would fail it's mot?

Never had any issues with pipes on mots. Did have "not for road use" on a pipe once and the examiner said "just put some tape over it. If i cant see it i dont know its not legal"

Latest posts

Back