Which exhaust - AR GP ultimate or Arrow works titanium cap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkeg

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbe to the S1000rr owners :)

I am trying to decide between the austin racing GP ultimate in titanium or the Arrow works titanium cap carbon slip on exhausts.

To be honest all I really want is an improved sound over the standard pipe, I have came from owning a GSXR 750 with Yoshi R55 decat and I loved the sound of it. I know these slipon's won't make the significant sound and weight changes my yoshi but I am not in the position to be spending loads of money on this slip on.

My limit would be the price of the Arrow so have to keep it under 400. Any advice on which is best for sound would be appreciated as I like the look of them both.

Thanks
Clarke.

I have just put Austin gp1 slip on really nice sound and improves looks

I had the same dilemma , I went for the Arrow. If money wasn't an issue I'd have went for the AR , however I got mine brand new fron Italy for ?340 delivered. Not fitted it yet , hopefully over the weekend.

If its sound you're after AR all the way! It has 4 removable baffles (mine does GP2) so you can 'tune' it to be as loud or quiet as you want... The over run gurgles and pops are immense :)

I am thinking of getting the AR exhuast I think it looks spot on its probably one of the nicest looking ones around nice to hear it's sounds good too. I'm not one for supper loud cans as I think the can attract a little to much unwanted attention.

i went with the arrow because with the baffle its not overly noisy. still not tried it without baffle. I also think the shape is more suited to the shapes on the beemer.

I am thinking of getting the AR exhuast I think it looks spot on its probably one of the nicest looking ones around nice to hear it's sounds good too. I'm not one for supper loud cans as I think the can attract a little to much unwanted attention.

You won't get a new AR can for ?400, they're nearer ?600 with VAT, but I think worth saving up for, sound the business even with the baffle in, a bit noiser than std but not offensive in any way, my GP1:

Why do they all stain unevenly? Bugs me to no end.

Its the titanium colouring up over time, doesn't bother me in the slightest :smile-new:

Shit, I wondered why the right side of my tyres were wearing faster than the lefts, all this time I thought I had a Ti can fitted it turns out its friggin' stainless!!

Blimey they've dropped the price on those, half the price of the gen3 can, ?312 for a titanium (not stainless!) can looks like a bargain, whats not to like

Got mine fitted tonight, it was a 10 minute job. Looks sweet and sounds nice , about the same at standstill but the pops and bangs are a bit more defined.

I like the 110mm titanium but the discolouring has got me thinking, however I really like the carbon too hmmm hard choice they both look cooool

Don't worry about the purple & gold discolouring, it looks really good and comes on gradually. Great sound, looks and price, personally I like the carbon which is just a thin sleeve over the titanium can on mine

I really like both of them I originally preferred the titanium but seing the carbon I really like that too but defo think I will get it ordered soon just need to check with insurance to make sure they are ok with it and don't want silly money

Got to be the AR GP.
Just had my rearsets and chain adjusters fitted along with the new wheels and tyres.
I'm ready for the heatwave!

Last edited:
Back