Which Double Bubble?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rew

Reaction score
Ay up!

i recently went for a spirited blast on the 'private stretch of the A46' and i noticed at 186 my head was being pulled off even though i was in full Lester Piggott tuck!

i already have an after market 'Power Bronze' screen on but dont think its up to the job.

has anyone else had a similar experience and can anyone recomend a different manufacturer of Double Bubble screens?

You've got to consider how often you're going to be doing 186 on your private stretch of road before either killing yourself or doing a stretch at her Majesty's pleasure where I guess you might have other issues with getting your head pulled off.. Setting that aside why dont you look at what the Road Racing lads use as theyre doing those speeds all the time and I 'd suggest you also need a perfectly fitting, decent helmet to minimise lift

I've just fitted a zero gravity (available from Calsport) corsair screen to my s1000rr 11 plate, and being 6'4 it has proven its weight in gold for spirited rides. The quality far exceeds other screens I have used in the past too.

Hi Rew, I use a BMW high screen and have also hit those speeds on the Autobahn. Even though I had my helmet fitted properly (Shuberth) I still got a greasy mark on the inside of the visor from it pressing against my nose. Like others have said I only hit speeds like that a couple of times a year whilst at the IOM or in Europe, the extreme windscreens on the TT race bikes do give a greater void to tuck into but I think the OEM tall screen is sufficient, mind you in only 5'8" lol

Take care on your private road!!

JimmyMac

i use a Shuberth as well mate and it fits like a glove, i apreciate i wont be hitting silly speeds very often however i do a bit of touring and like to be tucked in and sheltered. im only 6' myself but felt that i was getting alot of wind buffeting. ill have a look at that Zero Gravity from Calsport. thanks for the reply matey.

Latest posts

Back