What's my bodywork worth

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find any comparisons to get an idea on what my road going bodywork is worth. I'm removing it all to convert it to a race bike
So it includes all the road going bodywork, lights, OEM shock and fork internals

Mint condition What's it worth?
f26cc9886cc7db72f821cac942595d4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would split out the fairings from the lights etc and list items separately. Listing everything as a job lot is narrowing your market considerably.

You can get custom painted street fairings for ?500 and although yours are oe fairings (and arguably better quality than aftermarket ones) you need to bear that in mind with your price.

Stock exhaust isn't worth much resale because anyone who has changed their stock to something else nearly always keeps the original to go back on if they sell the bike.

Original rear shock, no idea on price but probably the same as above.

Lights and mirrors etc worthwhile checking out the new price for them and maybe listing each individually on ebay for something much less in the hope someone needs one or two at some point.

Or wait around for someone on here needing a few bits following an off, but you might have to wait a long time.

Personally if I was converting my bike to track only I would probably keep all the stuff you are wanting to sell and put it back on the bike when you are done with it. Of course if you are planning to never sell and never use it on road ever again its obviously not an option.

I hope that gives you some guidance?

Personally I would split out the fairings from the lights etc and list items separately. Listing everything as a job lot is narrowing your market considerably.

You can get custom painted street fairings for ?500 and although yours are oe fairings (and arguably better quality than aftermarket ones) you need to bear that in mind with your price.

Stock exhaust isn't worth much resale because anyone who has changed their stock to something else nearly always keeps the original to go back on if they sell the bike.

Original rear shock, no idea on price but probably the same as above.

Lights and mirrors etc worthwhile checking out the new price for them and maybe listing each individually on ebay for something much less in the hope someone needs one or two at some point.

Or wait around for someone on here needing a few bits following an off, but you might have to wait a long time.

Personally if I was converting my bike to track only I would probably keep all the stuff you are wanting to sell and put it back on the bike when you are done with it. Of course if you are planning to never sell and never use it on road ever again its obviously not an option.

I hope that gives you some guidance?

Thanks bud yeah I think when I'm finished with the bike i would just sell it as a track bike or break it and sell for bits to be honest.
No good putting it back on the road when it's bent in 3 different directions.

Yeah your probably right about splitting it up, I just want as least hassle but most money as possible haha (Don't we all)

Thanks bud yeah I think when I'm finished with the bike i would just sell it as a track bike or break it and sell for bits to be honest.
No good putting it back on the road when it's bent in 3 different directions.

Yeah your probably right about splitting it up, I just want as least hassle but most money as possible haha (Don't we all)

:)

You will get more money if you split it up

Just wait awile kyle and im sure i will have a use for that lot[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I doubt it puf, judging by your chicken strips the side stand is the most lean angle your bike sees :Banane19::Banane19:

Cuts me to the core [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

I could do with a spare set of upper fairings (the ones for the lights), they are what broke for me and led to my change of bodywork. Dealers will want me to have the originals for sale purposes.

- Sent from Mobile

They aint chicken strips ffs . I like to call it "tyre conservation" [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

I could do with a spare set of upper fairings (the ones for the lights), they are what broke for me and led to my change of bodywork. Dealers will want me to have the originals for sale purposes.

- Sent from Mobile

Get your offer in bud ;-)

Getting there mate[emoji12]
240809157035c1d610cd60535f9df54e.jpg

Latest posts

Back