what tyres when new?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jamie link=topic=455.msg4951#msg4951 date=1330444230 said:
get my S thou on tuesday and cant wait, bit gutted to find its come with the conti sport attacks 2's and not the k3's. Just how much of an issue are they for track and fast road??
is your s1 red and white?
maybe all the red and whites come with conti's?
not because of the colour but maybe the order the colours were made in.

Working for BMW as I do, it is down to supply issues & cost prices for the manufacturer they obviously can't afford to be without a certain tyre on the assembly line so several different makes are therefore type approved for fitment from new, so litterally it is pot luck as to what you get when your new bike is delivered, however having said that if there is a particular make of tyre that you don't like most good dealers will swop them over from another bike or stock supply before handing over your new bike :D

Has anybody ever used Maxxis Supersports on any of your bikes ?

it is red and white ian, but boyce seems to have answered that for us. may ask them to change them as suggested. maybe im being to judgemental on the conti's. never used the sports attack 2's and cant find much info on them.

just picked up my red and white 2012,and it came fitted with the conti's.
ive done a hundred miles on them and they seem fine,they certainly arent shit like some people are claiming!

They are the latest ones which have got to be an improvement over the originals I've got sitting in the garage.

Back