What pressure washer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Bit of a random question...Im going to buy a decent petrol pressure washer for doing my driveway and house (were hit hard by whiskey black due to the bonded warehouses next door).
I want it for my bike and Shogun too.
I was looking to spend no more than ?300 and was looking at a couple..Wolf 220bar or the Powerplus 206bar both 300 delivered. The Aldi one at ?200 looked decent value but for ?100 more the quality gets a good bit better .

EDIT: In case your wondering..this is my neighbours house.. http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/13961342.Dumbarton_homeowners_battling__whisky_black_/

Anyone got any recs ?

Cheers chaps

Last edited:
Stuart don't use a high pressure cleaner on the walls of your house, you will damage the beds of compo and could need re pointing.
We get a lot of whisky black in our village as we have two distilleries within one mile either side. Best use a low pressure washer (hot if possible) with a mild detergent in it. My company does quite a bit of this and we use a chemical called Virosol mixed in a 1% ratio with water. Not sure about the best ?300 machine as we have a few commercial ones that cost between ?3-5k.
Remember and use a decent mask as well not just a paper one as the remnants of the black is a fungus which will be tiny and airborne during cleaning.
Black removal is best done on an overcast or rainy day, so any day between May to August would be perfect in Dumbarton. Lol

JimmyMac

just bought one of these for just under ?300 and very happy with it..toolstation.SIP 08918 Tempest TP550/206 Petrol Pressure Washer 207 bar

Last edited:
just bought one of these for just under ?300 and very happy with it..toolstation.SIP 08918 Tempest TP550/206 Petrol Pressure Washer 207 bar

Great shout.. 7hp.. looks decent spec.. im borrowing a low pressure one off JimmyMac.. it sprays a chemical on for this whisky black shit on our walls..but wont rule that one out. Cheers r25

Friend of mine bought the circular attachment for the lance end to do a similar job. Worked well in keeping the airborne shyte within the circular bit instead of the usual blasting everywhere

Friend of mine bought the circular attachment for the lance end to do a similar job. Worked well in keeping the airborne shyte within the circular bit instead of the usual blasting everywhere

Yea Ive used that before with a Karcher on my drive..brilliant for keeping all the shit contained..

XfJBJGaiqBbOOgKBGMzySSIl8FgzSZkewiZaIhZV-5ZypnVM9VH6mqa5tXanbIOig_KUpZJOGFWLm5c2B6xbopl1JEk_jzmIzomDgxbcvoI75Us7Tj00GN11tNkxhwwrDAR7Y4LrCAQStExSYuxuBBqpIACPnjW945U49xatnacbMio8fsyOSMoPmcsJsf9tBK1WhqjUFwqClPG8JckPXCDYMFC52r9ZiORXbGCaRsiuBCiYxuT8RVF_ySm4iNFxggLo9uCS788DPX4Yt_uJqDz3BIBEx9AzCoBWlpD96GTnYl0PO9KlEA8ZJU7KwWDnufae74rdTXYzkQxdewBTHqJSRNXHRpmDDI_8F-5Z3ixHcseHzHsOn90SI4zyxYrXIuXJKua6a0BpwnsAu9UY2-SWGQgGAtXdjvVLFzXYO4wrVkvX5n5deSRhCABEsHwpEBN_qVj4ofHtdejasFHtawlvNv5d2Ga8riFq1nWBJuaWhSwx1SOk5dQxIjwUJ0B2tn76kbqrO-PrWxn83c5U6Xht3qpKXOec5JOFrRnfs_t6aMvPJTjnyNsL4b7cP1iFbTcXWS496fIWoyR2rn3N_fSeWZtgIugy=w1144-h643-no

Borrowed Jimmy Macs Commercial grade Karcher....what a bit of kit this thing is, not sure the lawyers will get anywhere but the court case is ongoing for the home owners in our bit...

Last edited:
Looks like you're having fun Stuart, forgot to tell you to start at the top of the house so you're no dribbling your muck over a clean wall.
Wish I was doing it for you instead of being stuck on an Island full of bikes, lol.

JimmyMac

Bit of a random question...Im going to buy a decent petrol pressure washer for doing my driveway and house (were hit hard by whiskey black due to the bonded warehouses next door).
I want it for my bike and Shogun too.
I was looking to spend no more than ?300 and was looking at a couple..Wolf 220bar or the Powerplus 206bar both 300 delivered. The Aldi one at ?200 looked decent value but for ?100 more the quality gets a good bit better .

EDIT: In case your wondering..this is my neighbours house.. http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/13961342.Dumbarton_homeowners_battling__whisky_black_/

Anyone got any recs ?

Cheers chaps
Ive never heard of this before, hope you manage to clean it up with Jimmys power washer. Before and after pics?

Looks like you're having fun Stuart, forgot to tell you to start at the top of the house so you're no dribbling your muck over a clean wall.
Wish I was doing it for you instead of being stuck on an Island full of bikes, lol.

JimmyMac

Aye rub it in you !.. no I just done the bottom bit first as I was waiting on getting the ladders from my mate across the road... I'v done the whole wall now, looks amazing. I'll need to buy that sealer and figure out how much I need. Anyhow enjoy ya lucky bastard...wish me was there lol

Ive never heard of this before, hope you manage to clean it up with Jimmys power washer. Before and after pics?

I will Paul... aye mate it's a big issue where there is bonded warehouses storing maturing whisky, not just here, in the states as well, theres an american law firm acting for everyone here... I would guess there is hundreds of thousands of barrels in the sheds next to us.... shed loads of the stuff.... shed loads...get it !

Latest posts

Back