What have you bought for the K67?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: alpha Racing

Will I need to fit one of these also to remove the engine light error?

Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

I?ve fitted the kit that came with the exhaust but the code is still there. Probably because I run it without it and the servo position was wrong.
Probably need to get the fault code cleared by BMW or get the servo eliminator. I?ll see Mikes got one of the Healtech ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhaust Servo

Will I need to fit one of these also to remove the engine light error?

You can either fit the supplied servo restrictor and leave the servo motor attached or fit an eliminator plug from the likes of alpha Racing and remove it completely from the bike. Either option removes the error light.

Re: Exhaust Servo

leave OE servo motor plugged in and make sure it doesnt come out

You can either fit the supplied servo restrictor and leave the servo motor attached or fit an eliminator plug from the likes of alpha Racing and remove it completely from the bike. Either option removes the error light.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping.

Re: Exhaust Servo

Ideally, leave the bike switched off until you have completely finished fitting the exhaust system and removed or bypassed the servo.

Yeah that?s definitely the way to do it.

Run it a short distance this morning to see if it cleared. Was still the same.
Left it sitting with the battery disconnected and started it still the same.
A few hours later fired it up to put it in the van and the fault has cleared.

Maybe just took time for the ECU to adapt to the new exhaust

Maybe just took time for the ECU to adapt to the new exhaust

Hay matey have you come to any agreement with your dealer regarding warranty with the full system?

I?m thinking of fitting the headers to my Akra but I?m aware it may limit engine warranty, which could be a bad thing in light of the problems many of our Gen 4?s are exhibiting.

Hay matey have you come to any agreement with your dealer regarding warranty with the full system?

I?m thinking of fitting the headers to my Akra but I?m aware it may limit engine warranty, which could be a bad thing in light of the problems many of our Gen 4?s are exhibiting.
Leaking calipers or faulty oil cooler can't be attributed to Akra headers.

No mate, it's not been with them since I fitted the new system. Not sure what the implications will be but I'd imagine they'll be fine with it as long as they do the servicing and any issues can't be related the exhaust.

My new rearsets arrived today.

Well pleased with them, quality kit as you?d expect from Gilles.

870aa1a468b8422bd614c374acedf2af.jpg

1539c7fc6c88ec607929e6be5a440e06.jpg

456f439979e50374bc9cf15c5a4dddb8.jpg

25464986c020c2afb593a3453d7469d5.jpg

b947cec1caca59b59e600cb4503c1790.jpg

Can the hanger bit for the exhaust not be taken off it? It can on the pp tuning rearsets. Be good if it could

Latest posts

Back