What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex I spoke to Ventura UK about that and it's up to you how you set it up, works the same either way. I agree though that it makes sense for the rack to take the weight of the bag and contents but it does mean it sits slightly higher.

Another good idea is to buy the grab rail so you can swap the large rack over when not carrying the luggage. Really handy if you have a couple of days riding without luggage when you reach your destination. Bykebitz are a good start for all the accessories.

I thought that without a pillion the bigger bottom shelf should be pointing forwards...holding the bag, is that right or wrong?

- Sent from Mobile

Works both ways. I'll probably switch it round though, for peice of mind that it won't rub on the paint. Only reason I would maybe keep it this way is to be able to wrap a chain round the rack, if I don't have space in the bag

Another good idea is to buy the grab rail so you can swap the large rack over when not carrying the luggage. Really handy if you have a couple of days riding without luggage when you reach your destination. Bykebitz are a good start for all the accessories.

I reversed the rack so that it faces forward and the bag sits on it so the bottom of the bag doesn't scuff the seat cowl. Have you bought the waterproof cover? I have been very pleased with it and it sat perfectly stable on the bike at over 220km's on the autobahn

Looking at the forecast for the weekend, I wish I had a waterproof cover!

Well pleased with Oponeo... tyre arrived.. 2 days from order...
42afdf6480756efdf6e790ae10b36527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Finally, after a billion weeks of waiting, the last piece I damaged at Jerez (excluding the tank and exhaust) is replaced.

ec4d9fba24b9e5056d7364e8145843e9.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

They do now Bananaman, when I changed the tyres in February the rear was solid, I buff wire-brushed it and greased it up, so should be a breeze, I bought it as a precaution....you will have yours off more than most don't forget.

S

Ah yes, I do, but even when road riding the wheels used to come out for a clean at least monthly, so much easier to get behind as well lol.

Thought someone might have jumped on my "Clean..Mr Clean" phrase... one of my all time favourite movies ?

Guesses

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HAHA !!

A clean bike is a safe bike. You would be amazed at what I see around the pits and on track and indeed on the road. Caliper bolts loose or missing,
clip ons not tight, lever screws winding themselves out, sump plugs and filters leaking, the list it goes on.
Much of this would be found with a good clean. I'd rather find the problem before I drop it lol

Only been waiting 3 weeks and it arrives the day I am away and on track, would have come in handy too as the OEM doesn't work well enough to start with and mine seems be useless at 3yrs old.

At least with this one you can actually feel the difference practically with each click.

Not sure on what Bitubo's policy is when it comes to being Eco friendly as that has to be the biggest box I have seen for something so small! :triumphant:

20170702_092121.jpg

Finally, after a billion weeks of waiting, the last piece I damaged at Jerez (excluding the tank and exhaust) is replaced.

- Sent from Mobile

I'm done with ordering from Reactive I think unless of course they can sort their act out as I have never had a trouble free experience getting anything through them sadly.

I have started using Road Race Performance Shropshire (Brett James Guy on Facebook) who can pretty much get anything you need for a bike and is more than happy to do discount too and I am sure he got some of them Brembo levers for a friends in a little over a week.

Only been waiting 3 weeks and it arrives the day I am away and on track, would have come in handy too as the OEM doesn't work well enough to start with and mine seems be useless at 3yrs old.

At least with this one you can actually feel the difference practically with each click.

Just remember it should be as close to min as possible. If you have to run it too stiff there's other issues (geo etc).

Not sure I'd ordered from Reactive before, they did at least apologise 2 weeks running for delays getting stock. Will bear in mind your experiences.

- Sent from Mobile

Very nice indeed, won't be in the market for one though as I don't have a shoei shaped head...

Very nice indeed, won't be in the market for one though as I don't have a shoei shaped head...

+1

If you find Shoei too narrow side to side, then I'd recommend the current generation AGV lids as they seem to have a rounder head shape.

Congrats on your new Pista GP R Ben, looks fantastic!

For what it's worth, I'm loving mine too, has none of the flaws of the Pista GP :).

I hear these are quite loud, how do you find it? I also have a Shoei head ;)

- Sent from Mobile

I'll tell you once I've had it on the road Alex. [emoji4] If I'm honest though it's the style and colour I've gone for. Had RX7's for years now and fancied a change. Dropped my Jonny Rea rep while on holiday so perfect excuse to replace it. [emoji23]
Once I've had a few runs I'll let you know the good and the bad. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back