Wee run on Sunday 4th March

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Sun was shining and forecast was good so decided on a wee run to Tyndrum and Oban today. Within 5 miles of leaving the house it was peeing down with rain but not being one to give in I carried on towards my first coffee stop at the Green Welly.

When I got there I was expecting the usual Adventure type bikes to be filling the bike park but to my surprise it was just me and all my friends, lol.

After having a warming cup of tea I looked around the welly shop to see if my new winter boots had arrived but they had got them in the wrong size, ahh well maybe later.

Turning for home I stopped to look at the white mountains that I would be returning through, this always reminds me of Mordor from The Lord of the Rings.

The weather took a turn for the better and soon I was staring along the length of Loch Earn with my darling.

A final look around and then it was back to the ranch for a hot shower.

Some times I like being in Scotland, other times I absolutely love it.

If anyone has never been, please come and bring some others to fill the bike parks. I will make sure you are made very welcome.

Just for StuartB here is a photo of a wet helmet.

I've stuck what I think is the best photo in March's photo competition.

JimmyMac

Brilliant pics them Jimmy, love that number plate. Only place I've ever been in Scotland is to Kelvin Hall (Glasgow), been there a few times over the years for competitions. I need to have a ride up to Scotland some time.

That view up Loch Earn is a stunner Jimmy...haha canny beat a soaking wet helmet after a good ride...Pitty about the rain mind you and cheers for the shout for the run, not be long now till the good weather is with us.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Great pictures Jimmy. Thanks for sharing. The Loch Earn photo is really beautiful. Shows how Scotland can have all weathers (and seasons) in one day. Looking forward to a trip back home & some touring in the summer, maybe see you at the Green Welly :courage:

Thanks for sharing Jimmy, great pics and won't be long till we are all out.

brillant pics jimmy , fair play it's still baltic , buy you've gave me hope , springs not far away......

Great to see you managed a run out with all your mates Jimmy :). :shadow:

Thanks for posting the pics.

hey Jimmy, are your tyres supercorsas? what version sp or sc? ma bros very interested in them for his RSV4, how do you find them ?

Aye Davy, Supercorsas, don't know which ones I'll check tomorrow. They are great in the dry but were spinning up something terrible on Sunday, however it was a freezing monsoon for a couple of hours so couldn't expect anything less.

JimmyMac

Back