Warning lights flashing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Got the traction control light and the 1 above it flashing like mad
Also VDS! on start up
Recently had both wheels stripped down and also new levers put on. Im guessing its something to do with the abs
Any help greatly appreciated. Was planning first ride of the year tomorrow aswell.

I had something similar - was a loose battery terminal - hope your solution is something as simple/easy to fix.

+1 - could be loose battery terminal. I had something similar but it was the loom wiring had chaffed, dealer visit.

Hopefully something as easy as that. Sometimes it wont start and if it does it cuts out.

Sounds like a loose connection but easy to check.

I had my bike out today for the first time since September. Turning the ignition on and pressing the starter is always a moment of trepidation. Fortunately all was good, phew. Only popped into York and back, maybe 10 miles lol, but enough to get everything warmed up and ticking over. Roads were generally dry so hope you get out tomorrow bud.

Sorted the cutting out probly, the drop sensor had popped out of its holder. The front abs sensor looks further away than the back. Is there a specific distance??
Im itching to go out, its been nice for a few days now

I don't want to start another post as this is a bit of a similar one. Was hoping someone could help with diagnosis

I was all set for getting the bike out today. The battery has been on charge on and off over the past few months so when I turned the ignition on everything booted up ok and was stable so I started to change the clock time for the hour change (yes I have been out on it since the clocks have changed) the next thing it started making buzzing and clicking noises from the seat area and the TC light was flickering like mad. Prodded the starter for fun but there was no chance it was going to turn over.

So, does it sound like a discharged battery? My old Optimate charger has been sat on the yellow LED since lunch time but had been in the green leading up to this problem. Connections are tight.

Sounds to me like your battery is sh4gged. I know they dont like being deep-discharged. Maybe one of the lightweight batteries wont suffer from this - nice excuse to upgrade?

I don't want to start another post as this is a bit of a similar one. Was hoping someone could help with diagnosis

I was all set for getting the bike out today. The battery has been on charge on and off over the past few months so when I turned the ignition on everything booted up ok and was stable so I started to change the clock time for the hour change (yes I have been out on it since the clocks have changed) the next thing it started making buzzing and clicking noises from the seat area and the TC light was flickering like mad. Prodded the starter for fun but there was no chance it was going to turn over.

So, does it sound like a discharged battery? My old Optimate charger has been sat on the yellow LED since lunch time but had been in the green leading up to this problem. Connections are tight.

Sounds like it to me Billo. Buzzing and clicking is usually the starter solenoid trying to connect. If the battery is really flat you may find your Optimate won't start to charge! When I left the lights on my FZ1 last year, I had to start off the charging process by putting some charge into it's battery using my car charger. Once I got some charge into it, the Optimate worked fine, though it took something like 36 hours to achieve full charge.

Well after removing the tank again to make i'd not caught anything when fitting it, then removing the front wheel and abs sensor. The lights were still going mad so decided to take it for a spin round the block to see if it just needed to reset itself. Within 10 seconds all the lights were off.
Right bonus, hopefully thats sorted it
Happy sunday everyone

good news snow , enjoy your run , lucky bugger , won't be out for a bit yet unfortunately :upset:

Last edited:
Back