Wanted - Retaining spring - Brembo front caliper as fitted to 2011 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tintin1000rr

Reaction score
have managed to damage one of these. totally unintentional but if you dont fit these correctly seated in the caliper they can come into contact with the disc edge and rub through and eventually snap!!! Luckily spotted this before embarking out for a run.
So if anyone should have a couple of spares hanging around or know of an RR being broken for spares, please PM.
Thanks

have managed to damage one of these. totally unintentional but if you dont fit these correctly seated in the caliper they can come into contact with the disc edge and rub through and eventually snap!!! Luckily spotted this before embarking out for a run.
So if anyone should have a couple of spares hanging around or know of an RR being broken for spares, please PM.
Thanks

Changed pads lots, can't see how they can be fitted wrong and still grip the pins? Just interested in case I do lol

Brake Parts

Changed pads lots, can't see how they can be fitted wrong and still grip the pins? Just interested in case I do lol

Agree. I change my pads fairly frequently and I can't see how you could possibly fit them incorrectly.

The BMW part number for a new set is 34 11 771 4802.

Re: Brake Parts

Agree as well....I thought it was a pretty good design, however it seems possible that the pad retaining spring can snag on part of the caliper casting which makes it sit fractionally proud of its correct seating spot which as ive found out causes the spring to rub against the disc....as they say if anyone can break it!!!!! Thanks for the info so far guys. Appreciated.

Latest posts

Back