Views on best exhaust and belly pan please!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz_37

Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of my 2013 sport in motorad colours. I've only ridden back from the shop but I love it!

right, firstly I want to get either a full system or decat with can and wondered your thoughts on which is the best. Not really bothered about power as it's got enough, but aesthetics and sound are important.

secondly, with the cat gone the s1000 looks a bit daft so what belly pan, full or extender, would be best?

many thanks.

Paul

Are you going to take it to the track? If you are be very careful with your choice of exhaust...the stocker barely passes.

Yes I will be taking it on track. It's got a Remus end can onto the cat at the moment and it sounds really quiet compared the rsv4 with full akro I've just sold and that made under 105db.

I fancied either one of these;

http://store.racefituk.com/collections/bmw-s1000

Or one of these;

http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/motociclo.asp?IDM=21&IDTab=1273

With the Racefit I believe they take your standard headers and modify them slightly and fit their link pipe and growler end can (the picture on the left). Looking at you tube videos they sound extremely loud, but a really nice loud! And I really like the stubby can design.

The Arrow would be a full titanium system, i.e. headers, mid pipe and end can. Comes with removable dB killer. I like the Arrow because the end cans aren't too big. I'm not knocking Akro but some of their ends cans are huge and spoil the look of the bike a little for me, unless you go down the route of shorty end can with link pipe and either OE headers or Akro's own headers.

Definately agree with you about needing to extend the belly pan. The swingarm rises so high that theres too much space for a single pipe to fill. Most of the ones I've seen are carbon items. If anyone has seen a matt black one for sale, please let me know as I don't really want any carbon on the bike.

Ordered a full akro system today. Carbon can, race, with stainless headers. Got a good deal. Comes with strap and db killer. Doesn't come with exhaust hanger which is ?156!!!!! Need an alternative as I won't be carrying a pillion.
Still looking for belly pan. RRob, ?140 seems expensive for an extender. Are you happy with it?

Ordered a full akro system today. Carbon can, race, with stainless headers. Got a good deal. Comes with strap and db killer. Doesn't come with exhaust hanger which is ?156!!!!! Need an alternative as I won't be carrying a pillion.
Still looking for belly pan. RRob, ?140 seems expensive for an extender. Are you happy with it?

i have the same one you can make an offer I got mine for ?120 made of aluminium and very pleased with it.make sure you get the one that's made for the de cat though as mine still has the cat they have slightly different fixings the guy that sells them is bang on so speak to him first if you decide to buy one.

Evotech Racing have a nice hanger and matching peg blank. Developed by myself :)

Full Akrapovic system fitted. Looks and sounds great. Both servo's disconnected but left the lambda sensors in the new headers. Not sure if thats the right way to go but i will find out tomorrow.

Is Hilltop the way to go to get it set up correctly??

Just need a belly pan solution and a hanger. I think Evotech for the hanger but still undecided on the extender for the original fairings.

Back