usa member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from NY. I am looking for a black rear seat cowl (plastic) for my 16 S1000rr. Very hard to find and the one's that BMW sell are 400+ !

NY...fond memories what a great place... rear cowel: some of us bought the Chinese copies.. I did but its only to stick a rear facing camera on it so didnt matter the qaulity or color match. I cant help you but maybe someone can. Did you list up in the wanted section ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

not yet. the trouble i'm finding is that i will disassemble my locking mechanism from the current rear seat and put it on the new cowl. does anyone know if this is an easy task?

Hi Ban, welcome to the site. NY is one of my favourite places, love it.

The lock is really simple to take the barrel out and replace in the cowl, two minute job with a torx drive and small flat screwdriver to push the locking tab in. You should be able to get a second hand one on eBay for around ?100-150

JimmyMac

not yet. the trouble i'm finding is that i will disassemble my locking mechanism from the current rear seat and put it on the new cowl. does anyone know if this is an easy task?
Buy a new lock I bought one for mine. ?20.00. Dead easy to code too. Theres a thread on here about it

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.... I was in NY (1st time) in December just gone.... loved it... just like Blindspot :)

Latest posts

Back