Undersuits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting one of those undersuit things that are supposed to keep you cool when it's hot and vice-versa. Not had one before so just wondered what peoples experience is of them, good & bad ones!
Cheers

I belive the ones to buy is proskins. but for warmth I just use peter storm thermals from blacks £30 a set

chorsley link=topic=1975.msg18129#msg18129 date=1358164618 said:
I belive the ones to buy is proskins. but for warmth I just use peter storm thermals from blacks £30 a set

Cheers, just had a look at the Proskins.... do they regulate body temp? What i saw seemed to be going on about was muscle recovery etc.

Have an EDZ one that cost £50 and a set of pikey compression leggings and top from Aldi which were about £10 and £15. The stuff from Aldi is much better quality (bearing in mind the EDZ suit was never sold as compression stuff, so not a totally fair comparison) Both have similar warmth properties, all they do in the heat is wick sweat so your leathers are more comfortable.

I use the Alpinestars summer tech stuff and I think its the only way I can get the suit off at the end of a hot day. Bloody essential.

I got a full set of pro skins at the bike show for £30 would really reccomend them they seem restrictive at first but really do keep you warm just been wearing them & a long sleeved t shirt under my leathers & have been plenty warm enough! :)

I had a dainese one before they cut it off me! :D was brilliant in summer, so I've brought another. lol

All very good. I've used a sports base layer that you can get in Decathalon. Designed to do exactly what your looking for at a fraction of the cost. You see a lot of the footballers wearing them.

They are called Kipsta base layers. Some even have protective padding in the right areas for bike use.

Whichever brand you go for, they are all good. Proskin are my favourites but the 3D ones from Hein Gericke are also very good. They add warmth in the winter and keep you cool in the summer but also have other advantages.

I find on long trips they help with comfort as you don't end up sitting on seams which irritate after a few hours. They are also very quick to wash and dry. On longer trips I take some travel wash so I can wash them at night, roll them in a towel to squeeze excess water out and they are dry ready to wear again in the morning. I normally take two sets for a week or longer trip.

ive got 3 or 4 pairs of the Aldi special!! seperate top n trousers...found them really good!..much better than the EDZ's i paid triple the price for..even use them under my cycling gear when its a bit chilly....no rips and kept their elasticity...
never tried the Alpinestars but heard good reports from mates about them

ive always worn undersuits no matter what the weather, i find it better in the long run

Docta13 link=topic=1975.msg18227#msg18227 date=1358277601 said:
ive always worn undersuits no matter what the weather, i find it better in the long run
Long Run Docta ? I can't see you taking partn in the London Marathon !! ;) ;) :eek:

Nope no expensive undersuits! Pair of RonHill running bottoms & long sleeved top! Job done!! ;)

Parley Waller link=topic=1975.msg18243#msg18243 date=1358286889 said:
Docta13 link=topic=1975.msg18236#msg18236 date=1358281503 said:
for your info ive done the marathon 4 times :p
Sorry Doc RESPECT!!! :-[

not alot of people actually even know,lol

I always buy a one piece (onesee!!!!) as the seperate tops and bottoms can get rucked up under leathers and become uncomfortable.

I have an EDZ suit, a Rukka one (not as good as the EDZ but a similar material) and will buy a Pro-Skins next from what I've heard about them.

Don't bother with more expensive Dianese and Alpinestars options. You pay for the name. Most of the BSB grid wear ProSkins I believe.

Latest posts

Back