Tyres tyres tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well spotted Alex...thanks for posting that link. I just know your going to go for a pair of these RSs..as will I.

My Power Supersports are excellent, I really like that broad band of softer "rubber" you can see on my rear. A real confidence booster. The wear, all round characteristics and feel are just as good as my last 2 sets of M7RRS, so Ive ran Supercorsas, 7RRs and now Michs on my bike. These RSs are next on my list.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Get buying a set of these RSs GC...and like the rest of the lads I have no problems with M7RRs.. as Ive posted before Metzeler done their homework on these... excellent all round handling AND mileage..must be what every sports tyre manufacturer aims for...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've a set of M7's to go on mine when my Rosso's are done. I chose them after all the good reviews on here , I got mine for ?250 fitted on the bike. Jim Allan in Falkirk are always very competitive.

There's a few good take-aways from the test I posted.

1. M7RR's and Rosso 3's are virtually the same. Both excelling in the wet.
2. The S21 has a very even spread of abilities.
3. The Conti SA3's are better in the dry than I'd expect, but equally worse in the wet than I expected.
4. Power RS is the king of dry grip...but then how does it compare to the K3/SC's
5. There are no bad tyres in this lot.

All are dual compound. Except the Conti which is continuously variable, graduating from hard in the middle to soft on the edges. This means there's no sudden transition.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Douglas Park BMW in EK have been. Ack in touch saying the waiting time for a M7RR front is 7 weeks 😳
I don't understand that myself!! I've asked about having Rosso 3's fitted now instead as like Alex said they are virtually the same rubber

Just used Michelins own site to look at new tyres using the specific bike search and also by tyre. Michelin don't even list these in the 200 size on their website and yet they are widely available to buy and according to their site they won't fit the bike. Strange as the tyre comparison test was completed on a S1000RR

Just used Michelins own site to look at new tyres using the specific bike search and also by tyre. Michelin don't even list these in the 200 size on their website and yet they are widely available to buy and according to their site they won't fit the bike. Strange as the tyre comparison test was completed on a S1000RR

I have them on. They deffo do the Power RS in 200/55.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back