Tyre pressure help for track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup used tire warmers and was good from the off
I was with a couple of mates on a blade and a gixer
One ran racetecs slicks and the other supercorsa slicks , the guy on the pirrellis struggled to get the same heat with that particular pace , he had to ride harder to get the grip
He was told they were more of an endurance slick !!!
It did his head in , in the end..........and once your confidence has took a shit :(
You will not go wrong with K1/K2 racetecs in my opinion
You'll also find aargh chunk of the paddock with the same stuff , so ask about other people's pressures

Interesting.

Hmmm, just received an email from the techie guy at Continental with regards to track pressures for the Sport Attack 2's, quote

'Track tyre pressures really depend on how hard you will be riding; a track novice would be just as well staying with standard road pressures 36psi front and 42psi rear.

If you are a bit quicker try 32/36 (cold) but be prepared for the tyre to flex more until it gets hot.'

Would seem a tad on the high side for track use in my mind. Thoughts?

Like he said, it depends on how fast you are. Also probably how warm the day/track was. However I dont think I would recommend going as high as recommended road pressures.

I done a trackday at pembrey on a cold day in march with my conti sport 2.s and went 30f 30r and it was fine I run f34 r36 for the road

Latest posts

Back