Tyre pressure help for track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17 in the back for the gp211! Crikey I know you can go low with them but the bravest I went was 25. I was running the current Rosso Corsas at 32f and 29 rear and was getting 35r hot so similar results.

Last TD at Snett I was using Race Tech K3's. Rear 27 Front 30. I was riding quite progressively at times and didn't notice any slips or slides. We're a great tyre.

Usually use K2's as they are a softer compound race tyre. K3 is a road tyre really. However I'd certainly use the K3's again if I were given them with out a doubt

:)

Godzilla link=topic=1287.msg12623#msg12623 date=1346259287 said:
Thanks.

WOW at the sportsmart pressures.

SO is the hot number for front and rear?

hot is rear. Also gives temp for right/left sides, weights, stiffness track temps, quite in depth.

I would personally ask the tyre man at the circuit & then you can also borrow his gauge & pump. Most people are told 30/30 on track days but it really depends on the carcase. Pirelli are being run round 30/30 but R10 are 30/25 hot.

got my first trackday on Saturday and the bike has conti sport attack 2,s so sould I set the pressures to 31/29 before I go out on the first lap, seems a big drop from the recommended 36/42 for street

Im no expert on this subject and i was asking these very same questions recently - but im running Racetec K3's at the moment and i recently did my ACU test at Cadwell - the temps were freezing and i set my tyres to 30/30 front and rear COLD - to be honest i left them alone all day and they were absolutely fine - the temps were so cold though that even after 5/6 laps the tyres were only "warm" to touch when i came back into pits. I think you have to go with what "feels" right to you as the rider - but if you start with 30/30 and go out and make sure you do at least 2 warm up steady laps and then "progressively" build up speed and lean angles etc you will get a good idea as to how the tyres feel - if the temps on the day are better than they are at present and you find the tyres are getting hot to touch when you come in then look at dropping them a few psi and see how that feels - its all subjective. If the temps are the same as they are now then i wouldnt bother with tyre warmers as you wont be able to keep the heat in them out on track. Good luck though and take it steady.

Im afraid i wouldn't have conti's near the track, nor the roads for that matter :eek:

I couldn't agree more, i crashed on track with Conti Attack Sports, they are quite frankly the worst tyres I've ever used. My Pilot Road III's are more suitable for the track and they are sports touring tyres.
You have a very expensive bike and you're going to be pushing it on track, i strongly recommend you get some other more suitable rubber.

As for your original question. 2 Bar on the rear, 2.1 bar on the front.

Thanks hoops, and urbanracer, from what I've read the conti attack 2,s are a far better tyre than the original Conti attack , so I hope il be ok as far as the tyres are concerned :)

Im still fairly keen on getting the Racetec Interacts again but going K1 (soft) front and K2 (medium) rear - my only slight concern is that whether i will be able to generate enough heat into them on track this time of year in order to make them work effectively?? Ive got tyre warmers now but they would have been pointless last week at Cadwell as the on track temps were so low and the tyres were only luke warm to touch after a session!!

image.jpg (98.2 KB)

Dunlop GP211 endurance compound 21psi cold track temperature with tyre warmers fast group.

Cold weather & track temperature not good on tyres!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 52
I suppose it depends on your speed and weight as well
Had 26 in my k2 last week but track temp was warmer and air temp was about 15
Suspension can also affect your tire wear :)

A976F359-13C9-415D-8BF7-62F4CF8BE0DE-369-00000028F1F9BC4F_zpsfc584f10.jpg

image.jpg (98.2 KB)

Dunlop GP211 endurance compound 21psi cold track temperature with tyre warmers fast group.

Cold weather & track temperature not good on tyres!
That's why its called cold tearing!!!

Yup used tire warmers and was good from the off
I was with a couple of mates on a blade and a gixer
One ran racetecs slicks and the other supercorsa slicks , the guy on the pirrellis struggled to get the same heat with that particular pace , he had to ride harder to get the grip
He was told they were more of an endurance slick !!!
It did his head in , in the end..........and once your confidence has took a shit :(
You will not go wrong with K1/K2 racetecs in my opinion
You'll also find aargh chunk of the paddock with the same stuff , so ask about other people's pressures

Nope I listened to other people but did notice a difference with them softer
I used to start with 30/30 but never really struggled for grip or noticed the difference , my trigger was usually tire wear
Before I started to change stuff , I don't go that fast really either
Just fast enough to scare myself

Back