Tyre: Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Seems there's a new option coming in Jan '17 so I'm gathering some links on the new Michelin Power RS. They seem to be pitching them at S21/M7RR/SA3 users...thus the S1000RR.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/products/product-detail/michelin-power-rs-supersport-tyres
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/10/21/michelin-unveils-new-power-rs-sport-road-tyre/213604
http://motorrad.michelin.de/content/download/176046/3470647/file/MTC-MICHELIN-Tire%20test%202016.pdf

www.michelin.com/eng/content/download/18647/403042/version/2/file/CP-POWER+RS-EN-VF.pdf
http://www.cambriantyres.co.uk/new-michelin-power-rs-tyre/

"New benchmark*

* According to a series of tests carried out by Motorrad Test Center in October 2016 at Boxberg et Neuhausen tracks (Germany) using a BMW S1000RR equipped with 120/70ZR17 and 190/55ZR17 tyres, comparing the new MICHELIN Power RS with the following competitor tyres: Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3, Dunlop Sportsmart 2, Continental Sportattack III, Bridgestone S21, Metzeler M7 RR."

Last edited:
Guessing...but...Of the existing tyres released in 2015 I think they either come in below them (i.e. more road focussed) or they are replacements for the SuperSports.

Power Slick Ultimate

Power Cup Ultimate

Power Slick Evo

Power Cup Evo
<---- Power RS ???

Power SuperSport Evo
<---- Power RS ???

I was bang on, they replace the SuperSport Evo's.
Avg of 2 seconds a lap faster than PP3's.

- Sent from Mobile

Lots of mention about dry weather grip,not sure these would be suitable for the Scottish (four seasons in one day) climate:concern: Think i'll still be going with my first choice of M7RR when it comes to new rubber before spring.

I was so torn between the m7rr and the sportsmart 2s. I optwd for the later and 4k miles later commuting in wet and dry i am very happy with the choice

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Been watching MCN's video logs today on their test. Said the front was incredible compared to the M7RR's/diablo 3's/s21's. They caveated heavily that it was a test run by Michelin using S1000RR's.

For me the front is key to confidence. I have brand new SA3's, but I will be watching out especially for the mixed weather reviews of the RS's.

- Sent from Mobile

Thanks for the find and share

Have stuck with Michellin for my road tyres on the last four sets so will be interesting to see how this progresses against the three competitors which I nearly jumped to (Rosso 3's, M7RR, S21's)

I'm still very happy with my m7''s even though I had a huge front wheel slide during the week when I locked it up trying to stop at a red light at a big junction in the wet when I was blinded by a low sun
I've a non sport so no abs

Thanks for the find and share

Have stuck with Michellin for my road tyres on the last four sets so will be interesting to see how this progresses against the three competitors which I nearly jumped to (Rosso 3's, M7RR, S21's)
I was a michelin man for 5 yrs on the r1 but i found my s1kr just didnt like the profile hence i went the the rounder dunlop

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was a michelin man for 5 yrs on the r1 but i found my s1kr just didnt like the profile hence i went the the rounder dunlop

Good gosh I didn't realise michellins were square 😜
Thanks for the advice. First BMW and only had it since Sept so will bear that in mind when tyres are next due

Pressure tips:
The new MICHELIN Power RS ​​is a sporty road tyre and, like all its ranges of motorcycle tyres,
Michelin recommends that you follow your manufacturer's instructions for road use.
For those of you who would like occasionally to ride on track,
we recommend a track pressure suitable for this type of use.
Recommended cold minimum track pressures : Front: 2.1 bar / 31 psi Rear: 1.9 bar / 28 psi

I've just put a set on last week. Done about 100miles on the 1st run. They felt weird and under steered on the 1st few quick bends i went thru. But they started to come good towards the 100mile mark. Prob just needed a good scrubbing in. Track day booked for next week ill update after

I think the front needs a decent amount of pressure. They are a soft construction.

Done a track day on them last tuesday. Had no issues at all. heat up really quickly no hairy movements front and rear. Maybe not as much grip as a rosso corsa but good solid tyre for the ??

Latest posts

Back