tyre gurus....how did these do?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought my wear would be the other way around, the leading (i assume the edge closest to engine) is the lower edge with the back of it being raised.

and would i be right in saying, going +2 on rebound, makes it return faster? or is it reversed i.e +2 makes the rebound return rate slower?

+ = slower: holds the shock down, adds weight to the rear

- = faster: allows compression to release faster weight is transferred forwards faster

But I agree with the others this is splitting hairs.

- Alex

Last edited:
Thanks alex, does compression operate the same way? Or is it reversed also?

Its a tap in reverse. You start off at full flow and ADD to reduce the flow.

- Alex

ok so for front forks +7 means harder to compress and slower to extend back up
and for rear shock + 7 on rebound would be slower to extend back up after compression?

Most superstock teams would say change the rear shock, that will help. You can only dial out a degree of imperfection and the faster you go the more magnified any issue will become until the inevitable tip off. If 20 years of racing has taught me anything it's never do things by half......if your fast enough. Good equipment and good set up will give you plenty of warning, poor equipment equals pain and expense. Multiple broken bones has taught me that

Most superstock teams would say change the rear shock, that will help. You can only dial out a degree of imperfection and the faster you go the more magnified any issue will become until the inevitable tip off. If 20 years of racing has taught me anything it's never do things by half......if your fast enough. Good equipment and good set up will give you plenty of warning, poor equipment equals pain and expense. Multiple broken bones has taught me that
Why would you want to change the shock here?

I've done a few trackdays on S21s, I would say that wear looks fine, I've usually ridden home after and the tyres (apart from right at the edge) have looked fine by the time I've got there, tyres have gone on to do 4000 miles or so.

Latest posts

Back