TT for now

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great write up Jimmy... super shots of those LCs.. bikes of my youth cheers for that.

Been watching all the racing on TV..tragic about Adam Lyon...he was from Helensburgh one of my tenants cousins.

S

Aye, sad as f13k, never knew about it until after the race, it wasn't even stopped so we knew nothing until it came on the radio. He was interviewed live on radio about an hour before the accident, saying how it was a childhood dream come true. Least he got to live his dream.

Knew the LC's would tickle your fancy.

JimmyMac

Notice the YPVS engine in one of them? I had a black 350LC when I first passed my test but it never looked as mint as either of those

Back to this after a wee break.

Saturday 2nd June saw another sunny day on the Island and after moving next door into Cougar No.2s house, I decided to go to Ballaugh Bridge to watch the first race of this years TT, Darren the Copper from London was with me as James was still in hospital after getting his leg screwed and plated together at Nobles, least he was saved the trouble of an external fixator.

Had a great view point and was treated to John McGuiness doing a parade lap before the race on a Norton but it was more like a full race lap as he did a massive jump over the bridge to treat all his fans.

24936a065c122e708d90aa2b0a9d6cf7.png

The race itself was of such intensity it was difficult to predict a winner with Hicky, Dean Harrison and Micky D showing the rest of the racers that they meant serious business this year and it is really apparent that they are on a different level to most other human beings.

b1dbe8eeb70b079bf66de99081695c70.png

d92716278f0a55d97a1d461ccd2f7cba.png

Fantastic race to start with and first time I have watched from here, will be back.

After the race I went to Ramsey to watch the sidecars which was red flagged after an incident near Miltown and rather than watch the restarted race I headed up to see my friend Ross who I normally stay with but unfortunately is getting treatment for cancer this year. I had been warned by other friends that he was not doing to great on the Chemo, but to my surprise and delight I found him in good spirits and we chatted about the bikes, sidecars and watched the England football game against Nigeria. For his sake it was the first time I have cheered the English team on, but I won't be making a habit of it, lol.

b6c85ad4f857b8a2f6949c6407d4b3fe.png

I returned back into the Cougars Den and was invited out for a meal with Darren and the cougars but declined, making the excuse that I had to catch up with Coronation St. on the iPad.

Decided to do some washing and have an early night.

I was worried about the items that were left in the wardrobe as I was under instruction to "Make myself at home" and if I needed to make more space I was just to move the stuff on the shelf above my clothes.

c3a032b95efe344c0cdcb4a608c45761.png

0eb0d0681ec95724449e76e516453781.png

54f249cf0eff58b44c738bfb30607120.png

This got me worried about the state the cougar would be in in her return after a meal and the inevitable alcohol. Luckily I had jammed my pannier bag behind the door as I was rudely awakened by two women singing my name in a drunken shriek from the end of the road and wouldn't shut up until I had leaned out the window like a reverse scene from Romeo and Juliet.

Worse was to come as 5 minutes later one of them was trying to get into my bedroom, fortunately the pannier held and was jammed tight and me telling her I was naked and not to come in only urged her on by her "It's ok , so am I".

Eventually the cougar realised that I would not play ball, or any other game come to that and the house descended into silence, much to my delight.

What an end to a day..........

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Lol, extreme measure having to barricade yourself in!!! I'm in the IOM at the moment, first time here, what a place, love it - of course superb weather helps. Roads and in particular the TT course are just the best, I can see I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms when I get back home.

Lol, extreme measure having to barricade yourself in!!! I'm in the IOM at the moment, first time here, what a place, love it - of course superb weather helps. Roads and in particular the TT course are just the best, I can see I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms when I get back home.

I can text you the cougars address Mac, you can go and poke them with a, ehm, stick, lol.

Weather is great for you too, I'm taking my Wife over in a fortnight so I can show her the sights, take care over the mountain.

Jimmymac

I'm here with the missus too Jimmy so will be giving drunk cougars a wide berth!

Brillant reading all that after hearing your tales today��! Makes me want to get to next years TT

Latest posts

Back