Track Fairings 2018 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKettles

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to get track fairings for my bike, 2018 S1000rr. I've been looking around on ebay and here, but was hoping to pick up some cheap 2nd hand fairngs if possible.

The best I can find just now is something like https://www.motoxpricambi.com/en/pr...16-carene-completa-senza-parafango-vers2.html, but that is more than I had hoped to pay.

Does anyone know if switching to the race fairings will invalidate my warranty?
Are there any issues with errors after removing the headlights/indicators?
I'm hoping to switch it between track fairings and regular fairings now and again (if it isn't too much of a pain) so that I can use the bike on the road when not doing trackdays.

Cheers,
Cameron

I may have a set of painted black fairings that should be for sale the week after next if you are interested. You will need to get your own screen as it got cracked loading onto the van the other day, and also you will probably need a few brackets (as per most other fairings). Looking for ?225 preferably collected from Richmond, Surrey at the end of the M3 / M4 but may be able to arrange something.

46104298_10156882635047363_7884509616908795904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Looking to get track fairings for my bike, 2018 S1000rr. I've been looking around on ebay and here, but was hoping to pick up some cheap 2nd hand fairngs if possible.

The best I can find just now is something like https://www.motoxpricambi.com/en/pr...16-carene-completa-senza-parafango-vers2.html, but that is more than I had hoped to pay.

Does anyone know if switching to the race fairings will invalidate my warranty?
Are there any issues with errors after removing the headlights/indicators?
I'm hoping to switch it between track fairings and regular fairings now and again (if it isn't too much of a pain) so that I can use the bike on the road when not doing trackdays.

Cheers,
Cameron

There is another Slovenian company Pro-Fiber that makes slightly cheaper version of racing fairing similar to Motoxpricambi.
Or, you can always buy OEM-like fairing from China for around 450gbp.

There are no issues with removing headlights/indicators, you just disable errors in menu.

Hi,

Thanks, that sounds roughly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Does it have the tank cover too?

I will need to look into how much it is for collection and delivery, as I'm up in Edinburgh.

Cheers,
Cameron

saw someone on the BOOK of FACES selling something for ?250 a few days back... will try and find a link.

I'm going to use mine on road and track this year but can't be bothered with changing the body kit each time so it was a full chinese kit for me.............not that much more expensive than a decent set of unpainted fibreglass fairings, seat etc.

20190226_154212 by Andy Yates, on Flickr

This is a good option...I may go back to this if I don't get another bike for road.

- Alex

I'm going to use mine on road and track this year but can't be bothered with changing the body kit each time so it was a full chinese kit for me.............not that much more expensive than a decent set of unpainted fibreglass fairings, seat etc.

20190226_154212 by Andy Yates, on Flickr
I must admit this approach makes a lot of sense if you need to have it in road trim regularly. The downside, and whole point of track fairings other than being easily replaceable, is that it takes ages to remove them if you have problems or jobs to do at the track but if thats not such a worry then they are great value.

I must admit this approach makes a lot of sense if you need to have it in road trim regularly. The downside, and whole point of track fairings other than being easily replaceable, is that it takes ages to remove them if you have problems or jobs to do at the track but if thats not such a worry then they are great value.

I've had a dedicated track bike for 10 years - a decent spec GSXR 750 which I still have - but thought I'd try something different on track this year. With regards to removing the bodywork I'm hoping that I won't have any issues with a low mileage fairly new bike and how many problems could I actually sort at the track if I did? We'll see how it works out but I'm looking forward to trying something different on track after riding the last 120 or so track days on the same bike.

Latest posts

Back