Torx size/LH switchgear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size torx are the screws holding the left hand switchgear together?

If you pull back the rubber grip there?s a long Tx10 screw , once you remove that screw you can rotate the switch gear round remove the plastic cover with a flat had screwdriver to unplug the wires. Then the switchgearand grip slide off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be careful as there is actually a nut on the back of the T10 torx so make sure you don't lose that and when you screw it back in it feeds into that nut.

What size are the 2 small ones that you can see from underneath?

The smallest I have is a T10 and it doesn?t seem to fit. I don?t need to remove it, I thought there was too much movement with the switchgear and grip and wonders if they had came loose. It?s probably the way it?s always been and perfectly normal but I?ve just noticed and it?s making me think it?s not as it should be.

What size are the 2 small ones that you can see from underneath?

The smallest I have is a T10 and it doesn?t seem to fit. I don?t need to remove it, I thought there was too much movement with the switchgear and grip and wonders if they had came loose. It?s probably the way it?s always been and perfectly normal but I?ve just noticed and it?s making me think it?s not as it should be.

If the switch gear/ grip is loose try pulling back the grip and tightening the T10. That will fix it , mine was the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left hand switch gear seems loose on my 22 bike too. How is the T10 screw accessed?

Latest posts

Back