Top speed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i have a lift sorted for work i was thinking a 3 month ban i might have to think again i have just orderd a hp4 as well shit !!

VINNY RR link=topic=1214.msg11323#msg11323 date=1344195925 said:
A lad is in todays paper got caught doing 78mph.....1 year ban and £300 fine and retake test.

?!?!?!?!? must've been in a 30 limit? Been a whiile but when i was in jersey think the max limit was 50?
Isle of man in 2010 met someone who was done 36 in a 30 200squid nd 3points.......

But the Manx let you ride as fast as you want on any national speed limit road on the island outside of the TT fortnight.

Seems a fair trade off getting done for 36 in a 30 when you can legally max your S1R over the mountain.

i may have to think again 102 on a dual carriageway i was expecting a 3 month ban and a fine
was going to plead momentary stupidity and say i was very sorry and won't do it again
dont know now

Might be worth taking some advice from a dedicated motorbike solicitor such as Daltons - they will at least know the best approach to take to minimise the length of ban.

Good luck with it mate.

What a biatch!! Lucky you were still in first gear when they spotted you :) think it might be prudent to seek advice from a solicitor. Friend was caught doing 134 mph and got a 3 month ban and £1000 fine but would have been more if not for a good brief, scary really when you think we all see 150+ regularly (on private roads with no police of course)

Good luck mate my fingers are crossed for you

billybob link=topic=1214.msg11340#msg11340 date=1344200384 said:
i may have to think again 102 on a dual carriageway i was expecting a 3 month ban and a fine
was going to plead momentary stupidity and say i was very sorry and won't do it again
dont know now
I've been caught doing 125mph but that was like 15 years ago,got 3 month ban,6 points and £180 fine. They seem more harsh now,but you never know. Hope it goes ok for you!

unlucky billybob , you'll get 3 months at worst , gutted for you

Just to get back to the speedo topic , a friend of mine ::) used a gps to record his speed from that device ( I do not know how accurate it is) and compared it to the speedo reading on his BMW motorcycle and the difference was
170mph on the clock read as 166mph on the GPS device
This was of course done on a private track and no animals were hurt during the experiment.

tough luck there Billybob, shame it wasnt 98 cos you might have got away with just points n a fine...

Was it a clear road, good visibilty etc? and your bike is all legal like?

Private road today :p 183mph then I bottled it! Pics to prove it!

84a1b3ea.jpg

andybarsblade link=topic=1214.msg11676#msg11676 date=1344813371 said:
New 1 wheel record for me on the way to work last week :eek: (on my private drive you understand)
Wheelie.jpg

;D ;D ;) Nice one Andy ive had mine up alot but not at that speed 8)

Billy

Sorry to bump this but i've just come back from a evenings tootle and (for the first time since putting my gearing back to standard) after about 7 top speed runs the most i could get it to show was 186mph. No matter how hard i tried even on some down hills runs? I've had a look on youtube and they all show the same 186mph barrier.

So to the guys saying 189/190 plus how are you getting this? Do you have a video? Is there a magic delimit button i've missed?

andybarsblade link=topic=1214.msg14368#msg14368 date=1349569000 said:
Sorry to bump this but i've just come back from a evenings tootle and (for the first time since putting my gearing back to standard) after about 7 top speed runs the most i could get it to show was 186mph. No matter how hard i tried even on some down hills runs? I've had a look on youtube and they all show the same 186mph barrier.

So to the guys saying 189/190 plus how are you getting this? Do you have a video? Is there a magic delimit button i've missed?
Andy its a bit like Motogp, identical bikes differnt top speeds. Power to weight ratio ? ;) Question : why have you put your gearing back to standard ?

mine came up once at 189. standard got 182 with +1 on the rear and 1.5 left on the revs.

and the road/track was wet

sorry never video the dash on the roads.

can i ask what do u get out of 1st,2nd,3rd,4th used to get 160 in 4th now 157

Back