TomTom & Phone Charger Cable

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
I forgot to let people know about my phone charger & tomtom power cable made by Stephen (forum vendor).

I asked Stephen to make me a cable to charge my tomtom when the bike was switched on, but in addition to that, to add a USB socket capable of charging an iPhone 6s+ (not all manage to do that). I also wanted (because I'm a picky git) to be able to charge my phone (only) whilst the bike is switched off, so I could at a push, leave my phone in the tankbag and have it charge without me having to leave my keys in the ignition whilst I went for a coffee (or something).

Stephen built the cable and shipped it down with excellent fitting instructions - but unfortunately the cable didn't do what it was supposed to - power was continually being fed to the devices even when switched off, which of course eventually drained the battery. A quick email exchange and I was off up to Bradford. Stephen did offer to replace the cable by post, but I thought it best to let the man himself fit it.

All was sorted within a short space of time - turned out to be a dodgy relay - which was binned in a not-so-ceremonious fashion.

I've had it working now for a couple of weeks and it's brilliant - does exactly what I wanted. It didn't cost the earth and I got to meet another forum member and drool over the bikes they had at the workshop.

Great write up FS!

Sounds like Stephen is the man when it comes to electronics.
Will definitely contact him first next time I need a solution for powering accessories.

My iPhone set up at the moment is pretty mediocre at best lol ...

Who is Stephen???
(Sorry, newbie question)

Stephen is a forum member who is great with electronics and produces the custom wiring kits for accessories.

I don't have one from him personally, but will definitely be contacting him in future :).

By all accounts people are very happy!

Latest posts

Back