Tie down points.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markashford82

Reaction score
Hi guys picking an msport up at the weekend on a bike trailer what are the best points to use to avoid damage to tie down with ratchet straps.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Hi guys picking an msport up at the weekend on a bike trailer what are the best points to use to avoid damage to tie down with ratchet straps.

You could quickly get a pair of Gilles or Evotech tiedown mounts for the pillion peg holes.

Use the rear subframe to pull the bike forwards into the chock and hold it laterally. 4 straps. 2 going forwards and two sideways.

Avoid pulling down on clipons. If you want something at the front thread a strap roundvthe lower triple clamp.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I read something on here the other day about strapping these bikes down,
Make sure the ignition is on when pulling the suspension down, something to do with the DDC.This was pasted from a Facebook site can anyone confirm this to be true or not.

It's correct - DDC suspension will not compress without electrics on. So to pull the bike down you want the key on, you can take it out once it's strapped.

It's correct - DDC suspension will not compress without electrics on. So to pull the bike down you want the key on, you can take it out once it's strapped.
Thanks Alex glad I saw the post you learn something everyday.[emoji106]

Hmmmm that's news to me. I've never switched on in three years of loading in the crate. Never had a problem but will give it a go in a few weeks time.

An afterthought .... Will it make a difference if you strap it down without ignition? Surely it will still be solid after taking the key out whenever it's strapped ...

An afterthought .... Will it make a difference if you strap it down without ignition? Surely it will still be solid after taking the key out whenever it's strapped ...
That's my thoughts. If its rigid when strapped and stays like it then thats good imo. No compressed strains on seals and such. As said I've loaded bike over a dozen times and never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back