Throttle response (or lack of)?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dom501

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently (Nov) added a second bike to my collection... GSXR1000 L7 (Standard). Now when I bought this bike they threw in a Yoshi R11 end can and mapped it to the bike.
I can't really compare the two as the S1000rr has far better quality parts swingarm, top yolk etc, however the BMW lacks low - mid range. Before I had nothing to compare it to but power wise the Suzuki is far more responsive.

The BMW is completeley stock and I'm guessing the only way to get it on par is to add an after market exhaust and a fuel management gizmo?

Thanks for any help

Dom

Year 2015

Mode: User: Slick

Mileage per full tank (approx): S1000RR 144 miles
GSXR1000 100-110 miles

Year 2015

Mode: User: Slick

Mileage per full tank (approx): S1000RR 144 miles
GSXR1000 100-110 miles

Is the DTC sub setting within user mode in ?Slick??
If so, what DTC level are you using (i.e. -7 to +7)?

Basically I?d like ascertain whether this lack of low/midrange ooomph is due to electronic hold back

Last edited:
Exhaust is stock
DTC is in slick and set to 0

On Suzuki I'll usually set it at around 4 out of 10... So maybe I have get the DTC set a bit high.

DTC is in slick and set to 0

Without going into full systems and fuel modules, the only thing I can recommend further is to try turning the DTC down a bit more (when conditions allow) and try/check that the ?Engine? sub setting is in ?Slick? too, as this provides the closest to a 1:1 throttle connection.

On the road, in warm and dry conditions I find DTC Slick -4 with the Engine in Slick provides minimal hold back and a crisp throttle response.
I went for a ride today with DTC Slick 0 and there is indeed hold back on large throttle openings

Last edited:
I agree with Oli that you need to check that you USER mode settings have ENGINE set to SLICK. This is the most response mode for the engine.
If it's still not right, I would investigate with the dealership as it could be badly calibrated.

I think Oli hit the nail on head with "a nice crisp throttle response" Crisp is a good word. I just hope the weather perks up a bit.

Back