Tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ringlow

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had any problems with the angle of there tail tidy, got pulled by Welsh police for it not pointing down enough ?

Going by your profile pic yours does seem to be at quite a steep angle. As above, what brand is it?

Exactly the reason I'll never visit Wales again... my ass would be toast with my tiny plate and loud exhaust! [emoji85][emoji87]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plate was measured & was 1/2 an inch to small & didn't have bs stamp on it , no baffle, no reflector :rolleyes-new:

My plate was measured & was 1/2 an inch to small & didn't have bs stamp on it , no baffle, no reflector :rolleyes-new:

I've had Evotech and R&G tail tidies in the past with no Police issues, thus far (touch wood lol).

If you're unable to change the angle on your current setup, I'd highly recommend Evotech!

With regard to your baffleless exhaust, you should have no issues with that, as the UK law states that an exhaust have no markings on the silencer saying words to the effect of "not for road use" on it, there are no requirements for baffles and or catalysers

I've had Evotech and R&G tail tidies in the past with no Police issues, thus far (touch wood lol).

If you're unable to change the angle on your current setup, I'd highly recommend Evotech!

With regard to your baffleless exhaust, you should have no issues with that, as the UK law states that an exhaust have no markings on the silencer saying words to the effect of "not for road use" on it, there are no requirements for baffles and or catalysers

Oli are you sure about the baffle bit and the law the reason I ask is I got pulled last week 7x5 number plate fair enough can't argue with that.I have the standard can on my 16 RR and this prick was shining a torch down the end saying he can see straight through ended up having a ding dong with him he was looking for the ce number which he found but didn't believe it was a legal can.So your saying if the can hasn't got not for road use on and it doesn't have a baffle they can't prosecute me.Need to clear this up as I'm looking for an aftermarket can it would help to know the law in case I meet this prick again.

I can advise on this, a couple of years ago Derbyshire Police kindly clarified the exhaust law while pointing out I had an illegal number plate and visor as well :) An aftermarket can (not a standard can) has to carry a CE marking to be legal, the Austin Racing can fitted to my bike (which was fitted when they pulled me over) has no markings at all, so while not that loud with its baffle in isn't road legal.
The odd anomaly comes with the MOT test, your bike will get through an MOT with both an unstamped or stamped 'not for road use' exhaust can as long as the MOT tester cannot see said stamp. I put an RC8 I owned fitted with a full race akra system successfully through an MOT by taping over the 'not for road use' stamp - and this was at a main dealer.

Very black and therefore illegal! Obviously I use a clear visor if I know I'm going to be riding in poor visibility but otherwise I've always used a black visor for daytime riding, actually less nowadays because it looks cool and more because I prefer having less glare

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back