Swingarm polish

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moggy23

Reaction score
Hi what's every one using to polish their swingarm? I've been using autosol but it seems to leave a dull finish is there anything else I could try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just wash it and spray a ptfe protecting spray on it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The swingarm is sealed with lacquer so,if you wanted to polish it,you would need to remove all the lacquer first!

?? Don't think so Baz With all the stone chips you would see signs of peeling/flaking especially around the welds.

It's a dull finish from the factory, must be the type of material

I also read that they were lacquered but would like to know for sure as I'd like to polish out my swinging arm if possible.
Do you think the Autosol will revive the can too?
1cc2aa1eb8e1e53c24295caaf0bdd6ed.png

I also read that they were lacquered but would like to know for sure as I'd like to polish out my swinging arm if possible.
Do you think the Autosol will revive the can too?
1cc2aa1eb8e1e53c24295caaf0bdd6ed.png

Loving the finish on your AR can Loupe, was that special order? Be careful with Autosol it may spoil it mate

Definitely lacquered-I tried it on a tatty swingarm I acquired.I did think about repairing it and having it hydro-dipped carbon but never got round to it!

Lol.. what'd i miss ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That was my last track day, Keep up!
Im thinking about getting my sponsors to put their logos on the underside of the bellypan and the soles of my boots for maximum exposure.

All I can say is that I rubbed out some minor chips and all that came off was metal. I'll stand corrected but what made you think it was lacquered guys?

Baz, what happened when you attacked the swingarm ?

Swingarm

Mine is definitely lacquered. I also remember having a discussion with SMT Racing about it a couple of seasons ago. They advised that they remove the lacquer from the swingarms of their race bikes so that they can easily polish out scratches and marks following a crash.

When you sand it down over a bigger area,you can see the ring of lacquer at the edge of the sanded area.I then tried to polish it out with a mini air polisher,I found it impossible to match it up,presumably because the lacquer is more of a plastic coating and not quite full gloss.

That was my last track day, Keep up!
Im thinking about getting my sponsors to put their logos on the underside of the bellypan and the soles of my boots for maximum exposure.
How when was that ?... I Mind you came off but that was last year. Take it this was another off then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes unfortunate it was, i'm puting it down to a learning curve and moving on.
Fortunately both were low sides and just slid on my arse, the leathers and bike protection did their job so I was able to get back out this time.

Latest posts

Back