Supercars come to Inverness

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place but thought you guys would enjoy the pics of some of the cars that drove up and parked overnight.
I imagine some of these cars haven't seen a grey cloud so some of the owners must have been having anxiety attacks when they had to drive through snow!

6a34eca470b2af8bae160c5e9d47d16b_zpsypqdnz5z.jpg
8a8defb2b1564354f02242b90c26b9d7_zpsvcs4iwr0.jpg
dca53b3799f17b45d6c366417973d2bb_zpsd1mlmkxr.jpg
38ac73e1657eee79b15e0de4ae16b49e_zps4ly068y8.jpg
089c219e507bf5881231b585bd4db7d8_zpsfp8zaafx.jpg
0bd61c152a82dddd8eb4c5e131635cf9_zpsv4epxqpw.jpg
fa0acac33b4ec5c66ca25ccaf6a0ac90_zps91noey6n.jpg

Lol yes, but they do look amazing.
Well, apart from the pink one with the furry dice. Why would you?

The hotel often hosts these events, I think it was a rally of some sort but I only passed on Sunday night and saw them by chance.
They had Bentleys old and new last year and I'm hoping they come back again this year.
My son was admiring one of the Bentleys when they were up and the owner who was on his mobile phone at the time opened his car up and let him sit inside.
Such a nice thing to do and made my sons day, he obviously appreciated that we were all that young boy once.

ahhhh that be the kingsmills hotel on culcabock road lol passed it loads of time but not rich enought to go in lol

great piccys (i like the pink dice lol):watermelon:

ahhhh that be the kingsmills hotel on culcabock road lol passed it loads of time but not rich enought to go in lol

great piccys (i like the pink dice lol):watermelon:
That's the one, yep I pass it and keep going too.....
I wonder what the bar bill was for those guys, do you think most are scatter cash but with a couple of tight wads amongst them??

They should pay you commission Loupe, I am now staying there in mid June.
Nice one SS, you ever been to the Highlands before? I take it you will be driving or flying?
The roads are excellent if you do manage to take the HP4

Nice one SS, you ever been to the Highlands before? I take it you will be driving or flying?
The roads are excellent if you do manage to take the HP4

I have only ever been as far as Fort William and thereabouts.

I'm doing a 'business trip' with my business partner in June. He has an M6 GC which he will be in, I'll probably go on the HP4 if the weather is set good. Day 1 Turnberry, Day 2 Inverness, Day 3 Edinburgh, then back to England. We like the scenery and the roads in Scotland, plus it is a chance to get a break. If you've got some road recommendations, particularly the leg to Edinburgh from you, do share.

Id avoid the A9 like the plague unless you just want to just go from A to B.
Its a bit of a detour from Edinburgh to get over to the A82 but that's the road you have previously been on up to ft William and will give you more enjoyment for both bike and car.
The M6 sounds amazing, but the A9 has average speed cameras now so will be no fun whatsoever.
Be nice to meet you if you have time to spare and of course go for a blast if you decide to take the bike.

Id avoid the A9 like the plague unless you just want to just go from A to B.
Its a bit of a detour from Edinburgh to get over to the A82 but that's the road you have previously been on up to ft William and will give you more enjoyment for both bike and car.
The M6 sounds amazing, but the A9 has average speed cameras now so will be no fun whatsoever.
Be nice to meet you if you have time to spare and of course go for a blast if you decide to take the bike.

The M6 is big and heavy, sounds nice though. Not for me.

Thanks for the heads-up on the A9, was going to try and avoid it. Was thinking of going through the Cairngorns, A9, then A938 / 939 to Ballater, then A93 down to Blairgowrie, and then major route to Edinburgh?

Of course we'll meet up - I'll PM you nearer the time.

We're coming up next Saturday for our Bike tour. I can't wait
Cool, where are you heading to? If you're about Sunday could maybe get out with you, but be warned, it's freezing here. Was snowing last Sunday so those heated grips will come in handy.

The M6 is big and heavy, sounds nice though. Not for me.

Thanks for the heads-up on the A9, was going to try and avoid it. Was thinking of going through the Cairngorns, A9, then A938 / 939 to Ballater, then A93 down to Blairgowrie, and then major route to Edinburgh?

Of course we'll meet up - I'll PM you nearer the time.
That sounds a better route, although I can't help with a route further south, maybe another member can help out with that?
If you want a few ideas for eating outwith the hotel I'll let you know.

Cool, where are you heading to? If you're about Sunday could maybe get out with you, but be warned, it's freezing here. Was snowing last Sunday so those heated grips will come in handy.

We're staying just outside Fort William at a house we rented last year, then we'll tour off in different directions everyday. I think we'll be doing a short loop down to the green wheelie then over to Oban and back up the coast on the Sunday. Then the rest of the week we will chase the sunshine :)

We're staying just outside Fort William at a house we rented last year, then we'll tour off in different directions everyday. I think we'll be doing a short loop down to the green wheelie then over to Oban and back up the coast on the Sunday. Then the rest of the week we will chase the sunshine :)
Some good routes there, pity you weren't going further north as the roads here are also very good. Make that your next trip.:D

That's just the Sunday Loupe :)
Monday - Inverness
Tuesday - Skye via the ferry then back via Kyle of Lochalsh and Loch Garry
Wednesday - Aviemore
Thursday - Possibly Loch Lomand, Inverary, Lochgilphead
Friday - Rest day
Saturday home

But all depends on where the Sun is on what day, it could all change :-D

Latest posts

Back