Suitable constands equivalent

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeze, I was assuming the bush would sit inside the recess. Have you got a pic of it on it's own?

As I said, on the Gen4 the securing bolt goes into the engine. Have a problem with that bolt, and you'd be in a whole world of 5hit.

Is it just the first 10mm of that locates into a recess in the frame, and does the actual lifting.

Is it just the first 10mm of that locates into a recess in the frame, and does the actual lifting.
You remove the existing bolt and the boss sits in the recess, it?s then secured with a new longer bolt.
Same as the adapter plate I had for my gen 3 except the boss is different size, never had any issues with my gen3 don?t foresee any with this machine either

You remove the existing bolt and the boss sits in the recess, it?s then secured with a new longer bolt.
Same as the adapter plate I had for my gen 3 except the boss is different size, never had any issues with my gen3 don?t foresee any with this machine either

Just the first 10mm of that boss fits tightly into the frame, and that does all the lifting, is that right? I used to leave my Gen 2 on one of those stands every winter, I'd only use one for short periods on a Gen 4. And I'd use a support on the other side of the frame to take some weight too.

Just the first 10mm of that boss fits tightly into the frame, and that does all the lifting, is that right? I used to leave my Gen 2 on one of those stands every winter, I'd only use one for short periods on a Gen 4. And I'd use a support on the other side of the frame to take some weight too.

Hmm, not sure I like that. 10mm of boss holding the bike up. Is the remainder of the boss tight/push fit in the frame ?

No, there are 2 mounting points including a locator pin that sits in the swingarm mount, both points are used to lift the machine. Like I said pretty much same as the plate for my gen3 except the boss on gen4 is different size

No, there are 2 mounting points including a locator pin that sits in the swingarm mount, both points are used to lift the machine. Like I said pretty much same as the plate for my gen3 except the boss on gen4 is different size

All the bottom pin does, is to keep the bike level as it's lifted.

Looks good. You said you don't leave it there long, can't you leave it like that for the winter? My bike has spent last 11 winters on the Bursig with no issue.

That love/hate relationship with the Abba I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread might have broken down irretrievably today. The problem is the attachment on the right hand side of the bike that you add after the bike is attached to the left hand side (see https://www.demon-tweeks.com/abba-s...GgQHvQ9-gneO8r_qssxoC5lsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

After the LHS is attached you have to slip the RHS upright over the low bar - it ultimately holds the lug that fits into the RHS of the bike. The issue is that this requires three parts to behave. The T bar handle thingie is securely thread through the red upright. However the cup on he other side of upright is not threaded and just slips over the threading - not at all secure. Worse still, you still need the bike specific lug to hold onto the other side of the cup. That just slips into the cup and then goes into the frame and allows the bike to be lifted. So you have to hope that three unconnected parts will stay together... Once the bike is securely attached on both sides it's pretty secure. The challenge is getting those three parts to stay together long enough to securely attach the bike, which is not a trivial exercise. When you are moving the stand around to locate the lug/get the right height, so the bike is properly vertical, your movements can easily pull them apart, which leaves a mess of parts on the ground.

I've had a few chats with Abba on this subject and they have suggested a 'dab' of grease or silicone sealant to create a breakable bond (if you want to put another bike on, with a different lug, later). With considerably more than I dab I finally managed to make the cup and lug one part that stays together (so far). However, even with a LOT of sealant I have still to get that ****** cup to hold onto the threaded part of the main assembly. It fell off today. As ****** usual.

To retrieve it you have the challenge of ensuring the bike remains upright as you get the fallen bits. You'll probably have to walk round your bike, supporting/holding it as you go. It is usually reasonably stable like this, but... the accident I always thought likely happened to me today and my R slipped off and scraped down the garage wall as it fell. My fly screen and mirror are ruined. Whilst I should be grateful that's all (and that if had happened to an RR there would be more damage), I'm just fizzing mad that the fundamentally bad design has bitten me (even if you think it's my fault which it probably was)....

FML

Last edited:
I've never used a sky lift but is it not possible to mount the bike on a rear paddock stand and then while the bike is vertical and stable fit the sky lift? Just raising the sky lift to the correct height while on the paddock stand?

I guess you might be able to do that, but I don't think it would help with the issues I outlined. You still have to get the stand and bike to the same level, so the lugs engage - that's where there's a little bit of pissing about and where the three parts separate themselves.

Last edited:
Looks good. You said you don't leave it there long, can't you leave it like that for the winter? My bike has spent last 11 winters on the Bursig with no issue.

That love/hate relationship with the Abba I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread might have broken down irretrievably today. The problem is the attachment on the right hand side of the bike that you add after the bike is attached to the left hand side (see https://www.demon-tweeks.com/abba-s...GgQHvQ9-gneO8r_qssxoC5lsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

After the LHS is attached you have to slip the RHS upright over the low bar - it ultimately holds the lug that fits into the RHS of the bike. The issue is that this requires three parts to behave. The T bar handle thingie is securely thread through the red upright. However the cup on he other side of upright is not threaded and just slips over the threading - not at all secure. Worse still, you still need the bike specific lug to hold onto the other side of the cup. That just slips into the cup and then goes into the frame and allows the bike to be lifted. So you have to hope that three unconnected parts will stay together... Once the bike is securely attached on both sides it's pretty secure. The challenge is getting those three parts to stay together long enough to securely attach the bike, which is not a trivial exercise. When you are moving the stand around to locate the lug/get the right height, so the bike is properly vertical, your movements can easily pull them apart, which leaves a mess of parts on the ground.

I've had a few chats with Abba on this subject and they have suggested a 'dab' of grease or silicone sealant to create a breakable bond (if you want to put another bike on, with a different lug, later). With considerably more than I dab I finally managed to make the cup and lug one part that stays together (so far). However, even with a LOT of sealant I have still to get that ****** cup to hold onto the threaded part of the main assembly. It fell off today. As ****** usual.

To retrieve it you have the challenge of ensuring the bike remains upright as you get the fallen bits. You'll probably have to walk round your bike, supporting/holding it as you go. It is usually reasonably stable like this, but... the accident I always thought likely happened to me today and my R slipped off and scraped down the garage wall as it fell. My fly screen and mirror are ruined. Whilst I should be grateful that's all (and that if had happened to an RR there would be more damage), I'm just fizzing mad that the fundamentally bad design has bitten me (even if you think it's my fault which it probably was)....

FML
Sounds like an absolute nightmare

Latest posts

Back