stompgrip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stomp grip on an older bike and the Techspec pads on the S1k. Stomp is definitely grippier, but wrecks your leathers, I found the techspec a happy compromise - better grip than paint, no shredded knees. If eazi grip does what Techspec does, you could draw a parallel.

I fitted some stomp grips recently and they are good but I find my riding position doesn't take full advantage as my knees don't lock into the tank.

Out of interest. How easy are any of the above to remove?

I've tried tank grips once in the past and found they hugely impacted my ability to move around on bike into corners so found them more of a hindrance than a help, had to have tank resprayed because removing them ruined paint.

Would be interested in trying another set with this bike but only if they can be removed easily.

I just removed Stompgrip from my tank....easy, just pulled off, virtually no cleaning required.

Davy

I can see why there good but in practice they hinder my riding. I've learnt to grip the bike without the help of aids so it might mean changing riding style.

What's funny Niven?

I'm 6'3 so getting my knee down and bike lent over has never been an issue, the only time i had tank grips I found it harder to get back upright because I couldn't slide my weight upright

I have never heard of anyone needing to alter their riding style because of tank grips.

I've only used them once as i stated, but they do as there intended and help keep your legs gripped to tank, so to get your ass onto side of seat and legs moved over it's harder to slide, you have to psyhically move your legs to the position, then on leaving a corner you can't just slide your ass back to center of seat and let legs follow because of the grips.

Back