Stolen bike insurance claim

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabiettoboxe

Reaction score
Hi every one my beloved s1000's being stolen three weeks ago, i'm waiting the insurance to call me to negotiate the money they will give me.
Did any one already deal with it? Is there any safest way to get the right amount of money in order my to buy another one similar?
Any advise will be apriciate.....
Thanks

Hi,

My friend wrote his off a couple of years ago, not a theft, but total loss. He spent a bit of time assessing what his was worth compared to other similar bikes for sale and then negotiated using those examples to get a fair payout. Or speak to your dealer about current market value for the bike you had. Good luck with it, I hope you get a fair payout.

also sadly too late for you Fabbie :( but its worth taking a some good quality photos of your pride and joy to show how good condition it was in , just incase ....

Hi every one my beloved s1000's being stolen three weeks ago, i'm waiting the insurance to call me to negotiate the money they will give me.
Did any one already deal with it? Is there any safest way to get the right amount of money in order my to buy another one similar?
Any advise will be apriciate.....
Thanks

When I wrote my GSXR k7 they basically tried to give me a little above trade, I think i refused the first 2/3 offers even then, i didn't really get the money i should have, maybe about £800 light.

Hi
Did you not have Gap insurance on your bike, if so you'll get paid out by your insurance company current market value at the date it was stolen, then gap will bridge the difference to what you originally paid to a maximum of usually £5k on a bike. What insurance company are you with.

Hi, i don't have a gap insurance, i'm with bennetts which is the brocker of axa , axa is doing an evaluation at the moment then they 'll call me,you said current market value does that mean markets like biketrader or MCN ?
If they can match that it would be ok i guess

Hi, the insurance engineer will get book value for the bike at the date it was stolen from either glass's or Parker's guide, he'll then go online on biketrader and local dealers within a certain distance and see what price he can purchase one of similar age, mileage and spec as yours for before making you an offer. Best thing for you to do is get a BM dealer to value your bike at the date it was stolen and also have a look online at what there fetching. Don't always accept there 1st offer. Good luck I hope you get e good deal.

Hi, the insurance engineer will get book value for the bike at the date it was stolen from either glass's or Parker's guide, he'll then go online on biketrader and local dealers within a certain distance and see what price he can purchase one of similar age, mileage and spec as yours for before making you an offer. Best thing for you to do is get a BM dealer to value your bike at the date it was stolen and also have a look online at what there fetching. Don't always accept there 1st offer. Good luck I hope you get e good deal.

Hi thanks for the info, the insurance paid me the entire amount i isured the bike for so i'm happy. Now i'm going to look for another one as soon as i got the money

Latest posts

Back