Sport Touring Tyre

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennybush

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My gen 3 is in need of some new rubber. It's always been sporty tyres I've had on it, k3 and power RS. Loved the K3 tyres, but never particularly liked the RS tyre.

Most of what I'm using the bike for is long runs in all weather in the north of Scotland these days, just back from 4 days doing NC500, and it has destroyed the RS, completely squared off now.

Has anybody tried the Michelin Road 6? Was reading some positive reviews on the road 5 on the forum from a few years ago, and thinking the 6 may be the tyre for me next. I still like to get a decent pace on, on the road, but really want something that will work in the cold and wet Scottish weather, and heat up quickly.

The other tyres ony list is the M9rr or the. Rosso iv... Guess these two are both sportier, but still road biased.

What are your thoughts? Is the road 6 too much of a touring tyre for spirited road riding? Any other tyres I should look at?

^that's probably a good shout, still quite nosy, wants to turn.
Have to say the Dunlop TT's have been lovely on the Gen 5...but they've not seen rain.
Conti Sport Attacks are another option.
...and of course the S23 from Bridgestone

Road 6 for really cold/wet.

Last edited:
I have Road 5 on mine and just ordered some Road 6. I’ve had Road 4 and 5 on my old bikes and they’ve been great. Got Road 6 on the GS and they cope well in the rain, as I found out through eastern France and the Black Forest last year.

Always used K3s but needed something that would last longer for touring more recently.

M9RR - Noticed that the bike didn't tip in as quickly, as expected, but did a couple of track evenings and also got 3,700 miles out of them.

Power 5 - Very impressive, only tyre I could get when traveling and it was great across all conditions, I'd probably go straight to the Power 6 if i needed a new distance tyre.

I'm watching with interest. As well as my gen 3 I have an old TL1000S which is currently shod with Road 5s. The gen 3 is on Rosso 4s. I find the steering on the BM much heavier than the TL, which I think may be due to compound and profile. I'm getting close to needing to change the Rossos, so I'm interested to see how you get on with the Road 6s.

Back