Spark plugs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DL84

Reaction score
Hi guys, how often are people changing there spark plugs? or does anyone know what millage BMW recommend? my bikes a 2011. cheers.

David

that's quite a lot of miles soof, I am on 11200 just now. no need to change the for a good while yet then , sweet

bump.... lol ,no mechanical genius's of here who know all the service intervals..........

I think mine are due this coming month. Is it a mega $$$'s job?
I need to get it to BMW, to stamp the book and explain how nothing needs to be done :/ Everything but the plugs are fresh - now considering that an oversight on my part when the exhaust was off...

I think mine are due this coming month. Is it a mega $$$'s job?
I need to get it to BMW, to stamp the book and explain how nothing needs to be done :/ Everything but the plugs are fresh - now considering that an oversight on my part when the exhaust was off...

don't imagine it should cost too much Alex, easy enough to do yourself, tank off ecu airbox etc.... I will need to price plugs....

I'm on <11K miles. But it's a 2012. No idea if they've been changed before.

I see that the LMAR9D-J (1633) NGK's are OE fit.
But I've also found the LMAR9AI-8 in Iridium format.

Has anyone tried the latter?

Confirmed it's 18k only for sparks. (not a x years requirement).

To get a stamp in the book this year I have to let them change the oil that's been in there for 300miles...and pay them for the privilege. C**k.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back