Spain trip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
67e964ae475fed535e9bcfa054e44ea2.jpg

I've just ridden over 2200 miles in Spain
Last week, and known now that I made right choice of road bike with the RR. It does everything so well on the road.
We did lots of drag races on the long straights ( for a bit of fun) and from a standing start there wasn't a lot in it with the new R1. But from a rolling start in 3rd to 6th the RR smashed R1, and is a lot more comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi blitz, cracking photo by the way. Where were you in Spain? I'm off in 3 weeks to the Gp so looking for a bit of advice on any particular roads you come across if in that area that would be worth a visit? Cheers in advance.

Great photo, I've spent a lot of time over there touring. Roads are awesome aren't they! Were you in the Pyrenees?

Skel, if you're getting the ferry to Bilbao/Santander and heading over to Catalunya you can't go wrong with the N-260 from Sabi??nigo to Olot. Stop overnight in Sort and eat at Cafe Pessets. Some of the best tapas I've ever had and the vino tinto isn't half bad too :)

Top picture - remote shutter or is there a stealth person there too? That view is spectacular - would love to experience that myself.

Hi blitz, cracking photo by the way. Where were you in Spain? I'm off in 3 weeks to the Gp so looking for a bit of advice on any particular roads you come across if in that area that would be worth a visit? Cheers in advance.

Yes like the others have said, the N260 is a great road + the N 230 is another one ii that area. In the center of Spain the N roads are a bit straight so we used the C/ CM roads. If you get a good map and pick the roads with the green band on the road it's going to be good and scenic. I used co-pilot navigation app on my phone,which was good cos you can pick what kind of roads you want to ride in the settings. Don't use the google maps on your phone that takes you anywhere!

Great photo, I've spent a lot of time over there touring. Roads are awesome aren't they! Were you in the Pyrenees?

Skel, if you're getting the ferry to Bilbao/Santander and heading over to Catalunya you can't go wrong with the N-260 from Sabi??nigo to Olot. Stop overnight in Sort and eat at Cafe Pessets. Some of the best tapas I've ever had and the vino tinto isn't half bad too :)

Yes we were in the Pyrenees we went up the C13 which was an excellent road

Aye, C-13 heading north is another one of my favourites! Did you get the chance to go to the Picos? That's another fantastic area for riding, the road north to south through Potes is amazing, desfilidera de hermida or something like that.

As blitz says, buy the michelin maps and follow the green highlighted roads and you can't go far wrong.

Aye, C-13 heading north is another one of my favourites! Did you get the chance to go to the Picos? That's another fantastic area for riding, the road north to south through Potes is amazing, desfilidera de hermida or something like that.

Yes we did go to the Picos first lovely place, some of the roads where a bit tight! But we did the N625 and N621 south [emoji41]

Thanks gents for the advice. We're heading down from Geneva as I'm using Bikeshuttle to transport them over to save a few days motorway riding. [emoji6]
I'll have a look into the maps though so cheers again. [emoji41]

How does the bike shuttle thing work? Sorry for my ignorance but that sounds like a winner to me.

Hahaha it's an absolute winner to me Andy.
I'm dropping the bikes off on the Tuesday morning then flying out of Luton for ?55 quid return. Then the bikes are outside my hotel on the Wednesday morning. Saves on the few days of motorway riding, hotels, fuel and tyre wear. They're starting a Toulouse trip in September to see if they get any interest. Would be ideal for your Portugal trips. [emoji106]

Top picture - remote shutter or is there a stealth person there too? That view is spectacular - would love to experience that myself.

Thanks, there was a friendly German there, you must do it, my opinion best thing you can do on the sports bike

Skel, how much was the shuttle if you don't mind my asking? Last time I looked into it I thought it was pretty expensive in comparison to the ferry.

For reference, we travelled as a group of 6 and paid ?350 each return on the Plymouth - Santander route.

Skel, how much was the shuttle if you don't mind my asking? Last time I looked into it I thought it was pretty expensive in comparison to the ferry.

For reference, we travelled as a group of 6 and paid ?350 each return on the Plymouth - Santander route.

Hi Eddie,
We paid ?399 return but think it's now gone up ?35 with the euro rate. As we live in the north east it was just the better option for us. Less wear and tear and a shit load less stress. I won't actually sit my backside on the bike till Geneva as I'm dropping them of in a van too. [emoji23][emoji23] then it's 2 weeks of hopefully sunny twisty road.

For the dates I'd go it's ?435 each. I need to have a chat with them. I think it could work well for the Aragon trip because 2 very long days each way is not good otherwise.

It just makes complete sense to me Andy that's why we're doing it mate. All reviews came back as outstanding but I'll let you know how it goes for us if you wish?

I'm cool with doing it, just need to understand the logistics and timings as we are tight on timings.

Back