Soon to be new s1000rr rider

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny56

Reaction score
Hello,

Well after a long time of debating what bike to buy tomorrow I take the plunge and put my deposit on a 2017 S1000RR sport.

I have been offered either the black/grey or the red/white in the spec I want and a reasonable price.

Im still not 100% sure which colur to buy and no doubt will decide in the morning.

If all is to plan the dealer is hoping to get me on the road in 2 weeks :D.

I am upgrading from a 2012 GSXR 750 that my GF now uses and look forward to the extra mid-range.

I am over in Lincolnshire so if anyone is in the area and wants to go for a ride in a few weeks give me a shout.

Jonny

Welcome Jonny, I'd for black /grey myself but both look good. Where about's in Lincs are you? We're having a forum run out from Grantham on June 18th (see separate thread), you're very welcome to come along.

Welcome to the forum Jonny and welcome to the RR club!

I personally agree with Mac and Soof re Black/Grey colour.

Hope you enjoy your new bike to the full buddy, bet you can't bloody wait! :).

Black and Grey ftw!! I must update my Avatar.
Welcome along. Hope you find the right option soon.

- Sent from Mobile

Welcome along. I made the same jump, L0 750 to a 17 black and grey. It's a little heavier at low speed but in another world once you get going...First service on Saturday means I get de restricted 🌪🤓 Good luck whatever you choose

Welcome mate.....won't be disappointed when you get the restrictions off........

Welcome Jonny, I'd for black /grey myself but both look good. Where about's in Lincs are you? We're having a forum run out from Grantham on June 18th (see separate thread), you're very welcome to come along.

Im in Ruskington so not far at all from Grantham :D I go away for 2 weeks that evening but I am sure I can get out for a bit in the day.

The GF did motocross as a kid and wanted to do her bike test for a few years. So 2 years ago she did it and got a 2007 R6 with akra exhaust,K&N,power commander lol. Decided that was a bit too hard to ride and loved my 750 so had that. Only has a few bits like quickshifter,yoshi case savers,exhaust on :D.

Wanted a s1000rr since they were released but insurance was a bit mad when I was that young.

Was tempted by the red/white/black and then to change all the black to carbon with carbon frame protectors, not bothering with the HP wheels because I plan to get carbon wheels in a year.

Cant seem to find alot online but the spec I am getting is:
Sport model
Performance pack
Alarm

I guess that will have launch control and pit limiter (not that I will race but its an extra feature)

Alex I have read through most of your bike and it looks so nice, how is it running with a full system without the fueling getting done?

See you soon guys

Alex I have read through most of your bike and it looks so nice, how is it running with a full system without the fueling getting done?

Amusing and embarrassing in equal measure :) Losing the weight has helped though, it's not needing any correction on the steering anymore.
Idle is not sorting itself out, bit lumpy. So I think AFTER (highlighted for Soof) the trip to Cadwell I'm going to get the Z-Fi I have spare put on it by HM-Racing see what happens.

Jonny, I like the red/white combo for the 2017 model, but either one youl be more than happy with. Good luck when you get it and welcome!

Welcome aboard - don't listen to the others on here - red/white/black is by far the best colour and much faster than the black/grey ones.

Welcome, I've got a S1R on order, about two weeks away now, I went for the Motorsport colours in the end, 2nd favorite was the grey/back. Bahnstormer Alton has a grey/back in their showroom. I also had a K7 GSXR-750 for a while which I really enjoyed, great bike.

Paid the deposit, gone for white/red/black.
I have a feeling once I change all the black to carbon in the next year it will stand out better against the white and red.

Pick it up in two weeks and cannot wait to get out on it :D

Latest posts

Back