slippy leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
HI jack sprat here,
I have a set of BKS James Toesland Moto GP replica leathers , so I think fairly good .The problem I have with them and I am aware many may say its my seat .
The thing is they are very slippery when I am moving about the bike.

Do you use Stomp grips on your tank? These are invaluable in my opinion and help stop you slipping around to a certain degree. I would prefer my leathers to be slightly slippery as opposed to sticky as it helps you move around quickly and easily, especially going in/out of chicanes etc.

Put ya leathers on and rub ya bum against a wall... have you polished your seat?

PS dont want to pee in ya beer but BKS (sold out) allowed Frank Thomas to use the BKS name and they made loads of cheap Suits to a fair price, what the dealers didnt tell everyone is that they are not the same quality as the Very high quality Made to Measure suits from the man in Devon who still makes the M/t/m suits. Still, your suit is certainly a good looker.

Regards

Phil

Hi not a big beer drinker so no probs.,and thanks for the reply. They are the limited edition blue and yellow number 96 of 100 kangaroo stingray and titanium so not too worried about the quality .They seem well made and are supper fit. There is a pair for £999 on Ebay but they do have an autograph unconfirmed . The suit is from his Yamaha days .

HI again sorry should have put it all in one reply . Thank you for your reply . I only ever polished my seat once, never again but thanks for the advice . I have Techspec snake skins which are very sticky so it seems I will have to put up with it and learn to grip more .
Thanks jack sprat

Back