SLICKS - Advice Needed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought i should update this thread and say how amazed and impressed i was with the slicks - super scary in the first few sessions due to the damp and slow drying track - but once i got lunch out of the way and got back out on track again i started to relax, dial in and begin to feel where the levels of grip were.

Without any doubt i felt the bike was more stable under heavy breaking (although its difficult to know exactly how much of the improved ride and feel of the bike was down to the slicks and how much was due to the suspension set up i had done by HM Racing the week before) - and i was also turning in much sharper and tighter and holding better lines through certain corners.

The best bit was that only a few weeks earlier i was at the exact same track - Brands GP - with the standard suspension set up and the K3's - so i could get a good comparison albeit the wet weather and colder temps threw a spanner in the works in the morning sessions!!

Suffice it to say i am now a full slick convert and wont go back - i will get a few more track days out of the Superbike Pro's and then try a proper race compound slick to see how much better they are if at all?

Thanks again to everyone on here for their advice and input.

Last edited:
Back