simple yet effective "How to reverse shift pattern BMW S1000RR 2016"

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reverse Shift Pattern

I prefer reverse shift pattern on track and it's incredibly simple to change gearshift direction on the 2015/16 model. The process is described on pp 134-35 in the Owner's Manual and only involves moving one bolt.

Ry, thats what the video is showing how to change the shift pattern. Shame i cant do it, would if been good to see what difference if any it makes.

Reverse Shift Pattern

I personally prefer to run race shift on track as I find it easier to change gear particularly on corner exit when still hanging off the bike and leaned over. There is no real performance gain and ultimately it just comes down to personal preference and whatever you find easier.

As Rys said, I also prefer reverse shift, It's mainly for the track with the increased lean angles. Not so much for changing down, that should be done before lean angle occurs but on exit. Imagine left turn, cranked over needing to hook another gear on the way out. Which would you rather, try to get yr toe under the lever to hook next gear or just tap it on top? Similar on right turns when yr off the bike, left leg's in effect shorter and it's easier to attack the gear lever from the top as opposed to trying to slide it underneath.

Latest posts

Back