She's taken up smoking

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddevil007

Reaction score
Just got back from great weekend in Assen but the Beemer has taken up smoking on start up. Plume of blue smoke which stops after a few revs. Nothing on the move. Just been serviced and sight glass is showing plenty but not too much oil. Shall be on phone to dealers tomorrow

Spoke to dealer today whose words were I think we need to have a look. Dropping her off tomorrow afternoon and see what happens

I wouldn't mind if I had. 1 20 min track day taster last year and rest is road miles with very rarely going over 11k. Just dropped it off so see what they say tomorrow. Wish I had thrashed the arse of it now

****UPDATE*****
Spoke to dealer today. There is evidence of oil in 2 of the cylinders. Call has been put into BMW technical and awaiting their advices on how dealer is to proceed, ie repair or replace

Hi,

As mentioned else where on this forum, my bike 2010 model had the engine replaced with just under 4000 on the clock. Symptom was smoking, dealer contacted BMW to ask what they should do, and the reply they got was send the engine back to us and we will send you a new one. New engine has done 3000 now.
My concern is, have BMW corrected the problem the old engine had or is it going to happen again!

Popped in dealers. Bike hopefully ready tomorrow. No engine damage just looks like faulty valve stem oil seals. These are all being replaced as well as some of the exhaust valves as these had become heavily soiled. Strange seeing the bike on the bench with only half an engine

So nothing too sinister then just a faulty component. Worn rings or bore would be far more worrying.

Latest posts

Back