Servicing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sy

Reaction score
Ok so finally managed to get the 1st service booked for the RR

never actually owned a brand spanking new bike before & was just wondering what it consists of, time scale & most of all how much it costs!!! LoL
looking forward to having the full power of the RR on tap & having the slick mode installed!! (Not that it's on a get used much!!! Lol)

Usually, limiter removed, oil/filter change, adjust chain, check ECU and basically give the bike a once over. Expect to pay about £150 ish for the privilege. ;)

Yep, that's what I got for my cash. I was surprised that the back wheel wasn't removed as I had to remove and grease up the spindle after 700 miles it was bone dry and squeaking!

Heard that it's always worth popping the axles out to check they have been greased from the factory, mine was ok but have heard some peoples have been missed.

Heard that it's always worth popping the axles out to check they have been greased from the factory, mine was ok but have heard some peoples have been missed.

+1 And despite having my cush rubbers, then the sprocket carrier replaced (plus the bike had the rear tyre replaced previously) - my dealer/previous dealer couldn't be arsed to either. The bearing seal on the replacement sprocket carrier melted itself to the spacer within 50 miles due to a complete lack of grease.

I am starting to think this is the cause of the cush drive/carrier bearing failure, I only noticed the the spindle dry after a run out and the rear wheel sqeaked on rotation. If the bearing got cooked then it would explain the run out and the cushdrive fail.

I am starting to think this is the cause of the cush drive/carrier bearing failure, I only noticed the the spindle dry after a run out and the rear wheel sqeaked on rotation. If the bearing got cooked then it would explain the run out and the cushdrive fail.

Quite possibility, I checked mine when I got home from the dealer..5500 miles later it was still fine. :)

Latest posts

Back