Servicing costs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBarron

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just like to introduce myself, my names Andrew Barron (only known purely as Barron it would now seem, however) and I live in London. I'm 23 and have only been riding for about three years. I just placed an order down for an SKRR which arrives in March, grey/black and all the options besides forged wheels and the alarm. Missus was not happy as we are saving for a house/wedding/children. But I digress.

My question is, what are the servicing costs and intervals so I can make sure to have the money ready!

Cheers,

Barron

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Servicing of the wife or bike?

Wife - probably every couple of days for someone of your age.
Bike - initial 600 miles (tho dealer told me recently it's been changed to 300-600 miles), 6000/12months & 12000/24months.

Can do servicing yourself of pay someone else to do it (applies to wife and bike).

Someone else may be along with a bit more useful info. :)

Hi Barron,

To be honest servicing comes down to the dealer labour rates and they vary across the country.
Being London you'll be stuck with 75-100 p/h. I would go to Lind if North of London or Barnstormers if South or West. If you phone each of them up they will tell you the ball park figures.

Hi Barron, nice to see a young rider getting into litre bikes. Great choice of colour by the way, another member on here Ian, who has taken a wee break from riding, had a grey bike and in the flesh it was beautiful and quite rare as most people opt for the Motorsport colours.
Can tell you are a decent guy as your priorities seem to be in the traditional order, bike first everything else secondary, lol.
Nice to have you onboard Barron and hope to meet up at a forum gathering in the future.

JimmyMac (Feeling old)

I have just booked mine in for its 6000 service. Mine is due for Air Filter, brake fluid and oil etc. I am doing the filter and brake fluid myself. Cotswold Motorrad in Gloucester have quoted a maximum cost of ?150 for the service (not including the bits I am doing myself).

My original invoice for the bike for the 600 mile service was ?89 inc VAT. This was only for parts so I would imagine around the ?150 mark again.

Cheers guys, I've been told I'm in from a shock servicing wise as I'm going from a CBR650 to a BMW so I'll be prepared. (The other half costs a damn sight more than the bike per month I know that for sure haha)

Went for the grey and black purely because my missus works for a car detailing company called Slim's detailing (www.slimsdetailing.co.uk) and has launched her own bike range - long story short they need a bike to photograph with products and apparently if you're a detailer, white bikes don't cut the mustard when you're trying to sell waxes worth hundreds!

I think I'd prefer travelling slightly further to get cheaper rates if I'm honest so thanks for the advice ✌

Welcome to the forum MB, you're going to really enjoy the RR.
Quite right having the bike as a priority, start as you mean to go on.
I know who wears the trousers in my house. Period.

Welcome to the forum MB, you're going to really enjoy the RR.
Quite right having the bike as a priority, start as you mean to go on.
I know who wears the trousers in my house. Period.

Brave words loupe hope your wife doesn't read this lol.

welcome barron, not sure about service costs I just do it myself every year.

Hi Barron, welcome to the forum.

You've done the right thing going ahead and getting the bike. The wife, the wedding and the kids will leave you skint lol.

Lind in Norwich will give you a decent discount off servicing if you are a forum premier member so when you get your bike it might be worthwhile signing up for that and the other deals you can then access:

http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Welcome in Barron.

Glad to see someone else young on here! Im 24 and there is another chap my age here too.

Bet you cannot wait another 2 months for delivery now. At least its not exactly riding weather.

I came from a Triumph and serving on a Daytona was similar priced (expensive dealer) however 18,000 mile valve clearance interval is helpful as thats good for a sports bike due to being the expensive service giving time to save up (?800 Ive heard from word of mouth)

Haha good man Barron... birds are only good for two things and half of them canny cook.

I've had litre bikes since I was 24
You wont look back...from this point on anything else is less mate.

As far as servicing goes I think im around 700 to 800 quid for the big service due now, but Stephen on here can beat that hands down.. If your near him he would be my first choice.. welcome to the forum enjoy the banter (and cheek from some of the members)... [emoji1]

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I've been told I'm in from a shock servicing wise as I'm going from a CBR650 to a BMW so I'll be prepared. (The other half costs a damn sight more than the bike per month I know that for sure haha)

Went for the grey and black purely because my missus works for a car detailing company called Slim's detailing (www.slimsdetailing.co.uk) and has launched her own bike range - long story short they need a bike to photograph with products and apparently if you're a detailer, white bikes don't cut the mustard when you're trying to sell waxes worth hundreds!

I think I'd prefer travelling slightly further to get cheaper rates if I'm honest so thanks for the advice ✌

Jumped on the site there quite a set up.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Jumped on the site there quite a set up.

Sent from Galaxy S7
there about to add Muc-off and other bike orientated products so keep your eyes peeled I'll try get us a discount code lol

Latest posts

Back