Service Light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get the service warning triangle light off? Mine isn't due a service until next year, the light came on July 1st!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Re: New bike dilemma

Does anybody know how to get the service warning triangle light off? Mine isn't due a service until next year, the light came on July 1st!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Dealer only I believe. If they've ballsed up I'm sure they will apologise and sort it.

- Sent from Mobile

Re: New bike dilemma

It will need resetting using a disgnostic unit. If the bike does not require a service then a friendly local dealer should do it for you. Alternatively you can do it yourself with a Gs911 handheld.

3cff0133a3aca0ef3b7e4ae8ccd12c39.jpg

34d6c799417c76105517319cf4841184.jpg

That's a GS911 Ian
It allows you to plug into your bike and set lights check fault codes change Kph to Mph etc.

Great tool if you don't like taking stuff to the dealers all the time. Your service light will be set for 6000 miles or one calendar year.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the bike has been serviced by a BMW dealer they will normally just clear the Service Light for you free of charge. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to plug the bike in and change the service interval.

Thinking of buying this , can you reset the service intervals and turn off the warnings , as I don't want to pay Bmw silly prices and is it easy to do.

Thinking of buying this , can you reset the service intervals and turn off the warnings , as I don't want to pay Bmw silly prices and is it easy to do.

Yes, it does a lot more than switch off lights. I struggle to use modern tech, computers and the like and even I can do it, haha.

JimmyMac

Just been quoted 225 for an annual service, that just oil and filter (not even an air filter ). Seems a tad steep to get the light knocked off and a stamp ffs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back