Seat release

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsween

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone converted the two screws that hold the seat into position.... I think it is a bad design and a pain in the when trying put seat back on.... just wondered if there was any other options/mods out there.... cheers M

Hello, has anyone converted the two screws that hold the seat into position.... I think it is a bad design and a pain in the when trying put seat back on.... just wondered if there was any other options/mods out there.... cheers M
Evening!
I thought the same thing when I purchased the bike.. It was a pain in the ass getting to the battery.. Especially with that little tool bit that comes with the bike.. So I purchssed a Hex key set wit handle grips from Amazon.. Made life so much easier..
Hope this helps
Laj
f8a5a1830687799c49eb3ce495020670.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Laj, there are no hex bolts on any BMW they are all Torx fitments. Just be careful you don't strip the head by over tightening them with an Allen key, best buy a set of Torx ones buddy.

JimmyMac

What kind of conversion are you thinking?
The reason they are like that is to deter opportunistic feckers getting in there.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Hi Laj, there are no hex bolts on any BMW they are all Torx fitments. Just be careful you don't strip the head by over tightening them with an Allen key, best buy a set of Torx ones buddy.

JimmyMac
Oh okay.. Thanks will do buddy will get a a set this week [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thx guys.... not sure really....they are fuckers to get in..... was thinking a quick release or something....but have no idea really how to do it.... had seat recovered and even harder now.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is indeed a very poor design. The HP race seat is a little easier to get off and on with just one easily accessible screw. But, unsurprisingly, at considerable cost!��

i dont see the issue with whats there all ready, how often are you needing to get under the seat. torx T bar and 30 seconds dose it for me. :)

If you?re charging the battery then optimates etc have fly leads that are perma attached and then left in the tail or dangling somewhere accessible but safe.

I agree, it's a pain in the arse. I've got the deeper comfort seat and it's even worse than the standard seat. The above discussion makes me think I'll get a long handled torx for the job. I know I'm gonna end up with scratches on the paintwork here eventually, either from the screw or the tool.

The slimmer the torx bar the better for sure.
I have a Draper T-Bar set similar to what Laj posted, which works well.

I?ve ordered a long torx set... my seat is also a redesign.... will look at changing battery and added leads ...

Torx T Spanner?s. If you have any bmw they are a must. So much easier for all jobs. Best present my Mrs ever got me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back